Tinted windows

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Midwest1, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Cheap Weenie

Cheap Weenie Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2010
    While it doesn't look cool, even clear tint makes a huge difference in heat in the cab, as the tint blocks UV light. I had 20% on my car before I moved up north where I had to change it to the lightest tint available. It really does still block a ton of heat and keeps the damaging part of the sunlight off your skin.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah we always have the front windshield tinted with the clear and amazingly enough it does make a difference. That's actually a great idea for a truck.

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    is smart tint buried in here.....if not look it up, good stuff. I would go crazy over that stuff if I was still on the road.

5. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    All my windows were black on my F-350. I never had a problem, but any time I passed through a scale, customs or got pulled over, I rolled the windows down. That way they could see inside the vehicle and never mentioned the tint.
    Most officers only have a problem when they can't see inside a vehicle when approaching.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.