TMC Orientation - WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by truckerswife08, Mar 12, 2009.

1. bs64507

bs64507 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    St Joseph, MO.

Well, don't know about this. Worked for TMC for almost 2 yrs and don't remember ever being required to polish the rims. As for the terminal. It is a pain, but they just check to make sure you are keeping your truck clean. They do resell them at some point and don't want the trucks looking like a pig has been living in it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    Jayshawn89 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. countrycuz

countrycuz Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc
    It makes them a dollars and sense company that puts its equipment and its image above its drivers.

4. countrycuz

countrycuz Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2009
    columbia sc

5. riddlemethis

riddlemethis Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    It's not true country cuz. DH works there and didn't have to do a backwards figure 8 and doesn't have to polish wheels either. Also if you go into a terminal and don't pass inspection they tell what needs to be done to pass. As long as you get it signed off before you leave the terminal, you lose no points.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Sounds like they run a tight ship. You have to admit that it must be paying off. How many TMC trucks have you seen in a ditch or lose a load?

7. hammerdown1986

hammerdown1986 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Strattanville, PA
    i got throught the 7 wks of training... yeas they are tought but if u stay confident and strong anyone can make it.... i did.

Jayshawn89 Thanks this.
  8. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    2 week orientation? ####! If ever I ever get an itch to try flat bed they will be the first people I scroll on by.

9. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

I personaly think more companies should be like TMC when hiring. Let's face it. They are strict, as is my company or at least the terminal I work from. We see alot of accidents but I can't think if I have EVER seen a TMC truck in a boneheaded spot. I am sure it happens but they limit this by being strict and stringent.

I remember the roadtest for my current company. They had me drive right through downtown Buffalo during the morning rush and they will mark ANY mistakes. Talk about stress!! That city is busy, and TIGHT.

10. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    I thought it stood for Tarp My Cargo! just wait til the new 2010 federal d.o.t law goes into effect.

11. Jayshawn89

Jayshawn89 Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2009
    texas

you should work hard at anything you do. and set your standards higher than thiers

'they should inform their recruits what a rigorous process orientation is'

thats like a kid getting a bad grade

and saying "they should have said they were gunna grade so harsh"
    and im pretty sure if your child said that you would tell them no excuse

SAME GOES FOR WHOEVER WHO WORKS FOR WHOEVER!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.