1. piermechanic38365

piermechanic38365 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2014
    my experience with tmc was atrocious. recruiters, drivers and previous drivers all told me it was the place to go if you wanted to flatbed. Especially if you didn't have a lot of driving experience. i was promised that a grand a week was easy to make. not the case. i busted my ### 6 days a week, all for between 5 and 700 weekly gross. i had 2 checks in my 6-8 months there that was remotely close to the promised amount. (by the way, i was bringing home between 1k and 1300 a week at a previous employer). i was put on a newer fleet manager's board, and that turned out bad. i was scheduled to have my truck serviced in Indianapolis on a tuesday, and i had been told that if i would stay out over the weekend i would make better money. so i told him that i would stay out to compensate for the day i would be down with the truck being serviced. he forgot about the appointment in Indianapolis and kept me in south Texas and Louisiana all week. then kept me sitting in fort worth under a load that paid ####. kept running short stuff for a day or two then tells me that i need to go to Joplin that they would work me in in a day or two..... my wife was pregnant and lost the baby while i was stuck in Joplin. instead of sending me home in a rental, im dispatched to oklahoma and then dead head to kansas to reload. i ended up doing it and driving over my allotted time. well i get a conference call the next week with safety, fm, logs, and the fm boss. they ask why i did it and i was honest with them. they said that he was supposed to send me home in a rental in a family emergency like that. well over the next few weeks the pay got worse and worse. i made a few calls asking what gives? am i doing something wrong? all my numbers looked good except my revenue, which falls back on the fm. i request a new fm. the revenue didnt get any better. he quits or gets fired a few weeks later. they put me on another new guys board(im his second driver) i voiced my concerns and was taken off his board. they put me on the fm managers board. about this time i got a much better job offer. all in all my experience with tmc sucked.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Welcome to the real world as tmc has been over rated for years. One of the companies taking cheap rates

Canned Spam and piermechanic38365 Thank this.
  4. Jonrulerofearth

Jonrulerofearth Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Hueytown, Al
    Why would you leave a job paying better, for a driver mill company? Sorry for your loss.
    I wish you luck in the future.

Crusader66 and Canned Spam Thank this.
  5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Then why you left? And I lost count on how many fm you got....maybe the managers isn't the problem?

6. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Condolences to both you and your wife for the tragic loss of the baby!
    May God be with the baby for all eternity! May the baby rest in peace.

God bless you and your family! God bless the U.S.A.!

7. piermechanic38365

Mar 1, 2014
    Left a driver mill company with no hometime. Had 3 fm that kept giving me cheap #### to pull. If you think I'm the problem then why did the majority of the folks I know that went into for orientation the same time I did quit? I know how to be respectful and hold my tongue and when to let it go when it needs to be. I know folks that are quitting after being there 5 years saying that it's not the company they hired in to. By the way the new job is working out great.

sgt slaughter Thanks this.
  8. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    TMC put on a good face but when you wake up in the morning and the make up is gone it ain't pretty. Sorry for your loss and good luck with the new gig, glad it is working out.

sgt slaughter Thanks this.
  9. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    That's all companies. For every 10 new drivers, only 2 or 3 will last a year. Plus it's winter time so the usually slow down. I know tmc does percentage, but would of it been better doing cpm?

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Looks like another got sucked in by the shiny Peterbilts being offered by the professional liars known as recruiters.

11. piermechanic38365

Mar 1, 2014
    no difference...... i figured it all up. if you picked either/or the fm controls you paycheck regardless

Natethetrucker04 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.