1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    So did the line about the orange Freightliner. Lmao

piermechanic38365 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. piermechanic38365

piermechanic38365 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2014
    This is great!

4. piermechanic38365

Mar 1, 2014
    Local company

5. piermechanic38365

Mar 1, 2014
    I left prime, being gone for a month at a time blows with small children.

6. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    I don't understand your TMC issues . I always bring home one 1k home every weekend. I think some the problem you had was your own doing and some was TMC . Wish you the best of luck!

7. piermechanic38365

Mar 1, 2014
    I've heard stories like yours, multiple times, I've had several friends with the same fm quit. I'm glad you're doing OK. It's just like when I was with prime. I made decent money and had friends that couldn't. Not everyone gets the luck of the draw everywhere.

8. drtuck

drtuck Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2015
    I've had 4 FM's, one left, two got fired, I finally got a good one. At least this one knows who I am when I call him.

9. trucker_nick212

trucker_nick212 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Gardner Kansas
    I was referred to TMC by a friend. Well needless to say I applied twice and both times they couldn't tell me why they didn't want to hire me. So I told my friend what happened and they then said they were sorry they referred me. That things have changed since that conversation and they now won't refer anyone to TMC. I do think they are overrated. The ####ed up thing is yes I have very limited tractor trailer experience. But yes I have had a CDL for over 5 years accident free and no major violations. What's not to like about a driver that has a clean safe record and was also a trainer!!! I will not ever apply to that company again. I'm glad I was accepted to another flatbed company. It's there loss on a good driver.

10. crawdaddy9659

crawdaddy9659 Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2016
    I see in here all the negative about TMC. I have many of friends that are at TMC, 1 is a driver trainer that has been there for 2 years. He has told me of how when he got hurt TMC took care of his mother, to ensure that she sees him in the hospital and his mom never had to pay a dime. To me this is the kind of company that attracts me one that will stick by you. He has informed me of the good and bad, also informed me of what to expect. I know from my prior experience from being on the road which has been for 2 years and then leaving for 16 years ago. I now have to come up the ranks and prove me safe through driving and safely getting the loads there no matter the size or pay. As a inexperienced driver or one they have not fully trusted yet that you can expect the crappy loads. If you are willing to take the crap loads and not complain and work hard that they in turn will work hard for you. It is not about yourself when you work for companies but about working as a team. All companies are in it for them selves. It does not matter what company you pick, whether it is a trucking company, retail company, auto company they are all the same when it comes down to it. I know when I go out there I will start at the bottom. For one I had to give up my CDL for a time and I have been out so I will start at the bottom. I tell you what though if I choose to run with TMC which I am leaning towards. They will have my loyalty and dedication. Hopefully by Oct I will be in trucking driving school and by the end have a company that I want to drive for.

11. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    Hey, it's really the nature of the job here, in that long hours and long periods away are the norm in OTR. So, it really would be a favor to students in school or those just thinking about driving to impress upom them the realities of driving CMV. Not just "hey it's a lifestyle." It is, but if nobody tells you what "lifestyle"really means, you can't know what it is that you are getting into. Such as, you really work 14-15 hour days to make 1k per week. Also, a weekend home is really 36 hours most of the time and it might start at 1130pm on Friday and end at 0400 on Monday. There is good too, but it is easy for some to see the "good"money and be wildly suprised by the actual job. Not slamming anyone or the job, just sayin...

Movin On Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.