Top Dawg Dash-Cam

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by cabwrecker, May 4, 2013.

1. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    If anyone is curious, and still paying attention (doubtful) I wanted to drop a quick update.

The most recent camera broke.
    Loves will not replace it, nor will TopDawg even respond to my emails and or phone calls.

I've given up on this and finally removed it from my dash which is code for ripping it off its mount and throwing it into a trash bin at a rest area whilst simultaneously ruining one of my valuable limited 12v dc power outlets.

I highly recommend against this product. Given that four of them broke in a period of just a few months with me.
    This is typical crap quality electronics that show up in modern truckstops. There are some good recommendations above this post, however.

Good luck, good trucking and stay safe.

robbiehorn and EZX1100 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    After reading the OP, I decided on the diesel boss db4 dash cam (costs about the same if not slightly less). I've only had it a month or two, but haven't had any issues.

4. cabwrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    I'm glad to hear it, you should do a review on it and feel free to link mine onto your own. It would be a big help to other drivers looking to invest in their own protection.

5. cabwrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Why do you keep advertising in my thread?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  6. Tenpintim

Tenpintim Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I purchased one of their cams with my pilot points yesterday, I chose the TDDCAM-01 because it had hd recording with night vision, in fact it does not record worth a darn at night...furthermore it claimed to easily interface with a PC, and again it does not at all...I even tried putting the sd card directly into my PC and it said "unrecognizable system format"...long story short it goes back tonioght.....

7. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    thanks for the info and insight

i will be getting one soon, still debating if it is in my interest or will work against me (some days i am a good boy, other days not)

8. v6killer

v6killer Medium Load Member

Dec 6, 2010
    ChicagoLand
  9. OttMan

OttMan Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Georgia
    So far I am satisfied with the ones that I have for more than seven months. They're not expensive and the video quality is really great.

Here it is the link on Amazon, where I bought mines:
    [h=1]Car DVR-2.7'' or 2.0'' LCD screen Rotating Dual Len Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard recorder[/h]http://www.amazon.com/BOOMYOURS-270...=UTF8&qid=1387854978&sr=8-2&keywords=dash+cam

[h=1]HD 720P Dual Lens IR Night Vision Car DVR Camera Dash Cam Video Recorder Motion Detection[/h]http://www.amazon.com/Vision-Camera...=UTF8&qid=1387854978&sr=8-7&keywords=dash+cam

10. OttMan

OttMan Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Georgia
    I think this way:
    Is the camera cheap? YES...
    Will it eventually break? SURE...
    What should I do, get mad with the saller? NO (and Yes...ha ha), but I would buy another brand new one...
    Would be cheaper for me to keep on buying the cams if they brake, because in case of an accident, to have the video proof of what had happened would be worth of , than to be mad with the product and not have one any more! Think about that,

11. cabwrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    I know this is four months too late to update, but since when do I honestly give much consideration to rules...:biggrin_25526:

It sounds like I'm complaining. In the end, I did- I went through nearly half a dozen of these things, just trying to find one that worked!
    I mean, hot #### son! If you bought 4 cb's, or 4 cell phones, or 4 gps units and the first two almost immediately broke (one threatened to arson-up-my truck) and the last two had more problems than an epileptic lot lizard with rough hands working on rave night.

I'd say, I'd rather have my $100 back! I can do a lot with $100, so when I spent it on a product that had an extremely simple job, and it consistently failed to deliver- it got a little annoying, especially towards the end.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.