Tornado at the Truckstop

Discussion in 'Trucker Videos' started by scottied67, Aug 4, 2016.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Never had seen one before except on TV. Pure panic in the Pilot, the staff were closing registers and heading to the showers for shelter. One staff person was locking doors and a manager type said to keep them unlocked.

dog-c Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Visit online, Bruces in Tulsa. This is a Texaco truckstop in which 15 drivers have died inside their sleeper cabs back in the 80's The building itsefl was lifted and torqued and set back down. The cracks are there to this day as a memorial.

Ive endured many tornadoes in my time both here at home and on the road, they don't bother me anymore. Now.. they are wonders of Nature and a Power to behold and respect. But all you can do if caught in one, is to find a hole at least 5 feet down below the surface of the land to have a fighting chance. And even then you might expect the top two feet of grass and topsiol to be sucked away as it passes over you.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    It had been about 104 degrees today. I wake up to go use the restroom and see the very dark clouds and the tornado then the alarm. Back in truck less than half an hour it is dumping rain in strong wind sheets rocking thetrucks right now.

dog-c and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We just endured a storm that hit the electricity, my battery UPS on the floor actually commanded the computer to go shut down. I got it back up in a few moments but incurred some errors on my 6 SSD Raid 5 C drive. A scan took care of the stray loose files rattling around because the computer did not make a orderly shut down.

Tomorrow will be more of the same. Hot 110 plus then storms. Im actually bored this time of the year no proper hurricane coming in (There is Earl in Mexico essentially breaking up) and this is not the autumn tornado season. Then mud then ice then tornado season again next spring.

6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Gee I hope it don't get my ex wife over there .he he he .

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    That was chuckle worthy. #### those truckers! Every Pilot employee for themselves!
    Stay safe, driver.

8. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Where is that from?

First time I heard tornado alarms I thought it was lunch time.

austinmike Thanks this.
  9. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    I'll never forget the time I was awoken from a tornado siren....some scary ####

10. snowman1980

snowman1980 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Boise Idaho
    I don't think cracks are still there Quick Trip has built TS about to open up soon.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    That's Council Bluffs Iowa. I've heard them before, mostly working in northern California oil refineries, they will play the siren test about 1000AM Tuesday mornings and wake up the neighborhood. But that is what it is for, in case the residents need to be evacuated.

I did see once in the refinery a huge yellow cloud rise up from some of the big cracking stacks, alarms went off and we were instructed to shelter in place. The one safety dude had the yellow safety shooting glasses on and asked what the big deal was, looked like steam. We said take off your glasses dude lol, he did and hustled us inside where all the suits work- we were greasy construction workers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.