Trailers that separate the men from the steering wheel holders. Post pics here

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Yves kanevil, Jul 26, 2016.

1. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Even being paid hourly for tarping it's just not worth it in my opinion lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Fairly comparable then. A few (very vocal) drivers in my company seem to think the add pays are low. I'm okay with them so long as I'm not waiting more than an hour (so long as I'm working, it's not a problem... but when I have to wait, I get antsy).

And I like doing things right, so I'll take the cut in pay to not have to touch the load again until I get it where it's going (the time you save rushing, you will end up making up for down the road).

I've never heard of a double tarp. What kind of commodity requires that? Galvanized/stainless?

4. Zeviander

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    On a -35°C/35°C day, I can agree. Anywhere between -20°C and 20°C and I'm happy to do it. I enjoy making it look really good.

5. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    We haul veneer from northern Ontario to the carolinas usually. That requires double tarping AND plastic wrapped. Can't get wet. It would just be easier to put it in a dry van but it's too wide so on a deck it goes. We also haul some mine stuff that we double tarp sometimes(which then gets left outside lol).

We all do a good job here at tarping. Nice trucks, nice loads, nice tarps. Owner will chew your ### if you're not up to snuff but that's what I enjoy. It keeps you from doing shoddy work(if you're the kind of driver that takes shortcuts).

Dye Guardian and Zeviander Thank this.
  6. Zeviander

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Well hey, if the customer wants to pay for two tarps and poly, then so be it, lol. I've delivered veneer before to a furniture place here in Winnipeg a few times. They are incredibly anal about it getting wet, even just mildly. If there is any sign of rain in the sky, the tarps get opened, but left on, straps removed and only do the tarps come off when they are ready to unload, and it's as many forklifts as they can get on it to do it as quickly as possible.

I can't imagine going that kind of distance with them.

7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Galvanized, stainless, and zome aluminum. Especially food grade coated aluminum out of Alcoa or Continuum (formerly Wise Alloys, Muscle Shoals AL)

Zeviander Thanks this.
  8. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    It's a nice 1.5 day ride with a nice square tarped load. Dropped one last week and it was raining so they backed me in to take tarps off. Got one set off and folded and it stopped so they kicked me back outside to the loading dock so they could get onto the trailer to finish unloading.

9. Yves kanevil

Yves kanevil Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Nighthawk
    God with all this talking about fawken tarps the taste of vomit in my mouth is getting pretty intense

10. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    [​IMG]

11. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Real men drive this!
    Not trying to compensate for nothin'! wp_ss_20160815_0002.png

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.