Trainer stabbed and killed by trainee in Texas.

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by joseph1135, Aug 28, 2015.

1. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    It is designed to fail so the companies can make money training new drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Everything in this country has a price tag on it including your life. As long as the trucking industry can pay off the lawsuits, lawyers and politicians and still make a profit nothing will change.

zentrucking and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  4. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    It is also sad that even society.. who couldnt even wipe their butts if not for the toliet paper delivered on trucks... treats truckers as desposable...

this story has not gotten much press... if this incident and others like it would get more press there may be a little change...

like witn tha Dan Rather and Tru kef Deseree... that story did initiate some change...

but when this kind of news is mainly on trucker radio and websites then it isnt going to garner much...

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Well, if the large [starter] mega carriers are Ok with all this, then I think we are foolish to think it's ever going to change. And it would seem they are all Ok with it, because there entire business model is built on top of this "system", and has been for a long time. If anyone could change it given the want to, they could. The fact they continue this same course and given the result is not getting any better tells me they are Ok with it.

They [mega carriers] seem to have simply come to expect a few $billion yearly in settlements and incident costs as a "normal cost of doing business". It's hard to deal with that sort of mentality. And don't tell me there's no money in trucking when they can pay out all this money and still show respectable profits each quarter to investors and bankers.

But to be fair to the "training companies", look at the Fedex ground trucking model. As far as I know, they do not hire/train new drivers, yet they TOO have billions each year in incident settlement costs and deductibles yet they continue the business. So, there are bad drivers and drivers who are ticking time bombs everywhere, not just at the training companies.

DoubleO7 and gentleroger Thank this.
  6. MrBill103

MrBill103 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Central PA
    I resemble that statement.

7. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    The trainee was a grown man, and the trainer was about near retirement. It's tough for me now mid forties to deal with many personalities, couldn't imagine it at 62.

Don't think I would tackle any 40 something yo trainee, at any pay.

Too old to change, some major economic upheaval in life and probably resentful at the realities of rookie trucking. Just my opinion.

Like trying to enter the military as a buck private at that age, maybe too much of a shock.

8. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    I wonder if he was the cheese and vinegar trainer from the infamous post on TTR some years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.