Training starting 11/22/15

Discussion in 'Prime' started by TooSlow4Words, Nov 16, 2015.

1. TooSlow4Words

TooSlow4Words Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I forgot to hit the sarcasm button..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Lol :dontknow:

:diabloanifire:

4. moose97

moose97 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hoagland, IN
    Take a look at Google Maps - tons of trucks on the yard. Every kind Prime offers is there. Either OTR guys back for a break, down for repairs, out of service, trucks turned back in, trucks getting ready to be assigned, ready to be sold, brand new trucks, everything:

https://goo.gl/maps/myu45k4nHMr

Hell, you'll see plenty at the Campus Inn:

https://goo.gl/maps/UF6cBoSgmkT2

Now, no offense, but you're worrying about something that is, best case scenario, 3 months down the line. Worry about finishing orientation first, passing your CDL tests second, then learning all you can in TNT. Once all that's done, you can start worrying about what kind of truck you'll be getting. Trust me, I know it's a big $125,000 nugget at the end (your VERY OWN big rig is pretty cool, in the grand scheme of things), but no skipping steps! Good luck and enjoy the journey...

Chucktshoes and TooSlow4Words Thank this.
  5. TooSlow4Words

Nov 13, 2015
    I'm just hoping I don't get an automatic that I'm reading about in other threads here as a first truck. Getting some stick time first would be ideal. Then with any luck I'll get an auto in time. As mentioned I have plenty of hurdles to clear before I need to worry about a truck. Hope to get a feel for the manuals before they go extinct.

BigSky Thanks this.
  6. moose97

Oct 15, 2012
    Hoagland, IN
    Based on your LW comments, I assume you plan on going company? I do know of a company driver currently in a 2016 truck, but most don't get new trucks unless you lease. You'll for sure get a manual in training.

7. TooSlow4Words

Nov 13, 2015
    Perfect. I'm a total newb, and plan to be a company driver for at least the first couple years. Way too much to learn about the ins and outs to even consider a lease. Realistically that's probably more like 3-5 years down the road. I'd be glad to get stick time until then.

8. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    Good luck..You won't see the Lot at the main terminal ( until your final day) as you will be at the Campus Inn which is the hotel Prime owns and where they hold Orientation and training It is not part of the HQ campus or Building. There are plenty of trucks there but they belong to drivers who stay at the campus inn as well and many of them are the trainers for your 70 to 75 hours of OTR training. Also I do not think they have any proStars or Internationals for that matter.. Most of there fleet from is Cascadia Evolutions, Peterbilts and KW T680. Just passing along some information .

9. moose97

Oct 15, 2012
    Hoagland, IN
    Looks like you need to update your information. It's now 14 days rather than 70 hours before testing & Prime sure does have Prostar's. That or my truck is a figment of my imagination.

[​IMG]

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  10. TooSlow4Words

Nov 13, 2015
    Guess I can wish and dream all I like. It'll be what it'll be. I'm sure I can live with about anything they decide to issue me.

11. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    Well 70 -75 hours is roughly 14 days so my information is updated. Thats great I just know that they are not the norm and I doubt that he will see a Pro Star at the campus inn.. It would make sence they had some internationals considering Mr. Low owns an International dealership..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.