Trans Am Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the outcast, Oct 23, 2007.

1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I know of a place in my walmart plaza that allows this. I most likely will not worry unless my parents move to a community that has home owners association.

Hunter

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigo1969

bigo1969 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2007
    florida
    Pope, Those where my exact thoughts, when I was told, there dimantling, the florida fleet. Freightliner, babee!!!:biggrin_25519:

4. marinedriver

marinedriver Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Salem, OR
    Pope, what do you think about pulling a reefer? I read somewhere on this forum that a newbie should not start with a reefer because there is too much to deal with without having to mess with one.

Also, Trans Am says they will get you home when you want, guaranteed. Is that true?

5. Rudysfastcat

Rudysfastcat Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    :biggrin_25513:

I just resigned on 15Feb08 from TransAm because I learned the truth about them and that the recruiters are full of it. You will NOT get the miles and pay they claim you can earn. Their lease program is an even bigger scam, they will tell you that as a lease driver you will earn $12,000 more than a company yearly and you can earn $44,000 as a lease driver - they also have brand new Kenworth T660 that they will entice new drivers into choosing to leasing instead of driving a company truck that has over 300,000 miles on it .
    It will cost $847 a week for the truck plus fuel( about $1,400) lease drivers earn .084 a mile . They say the rule of thumb is that the first 2,000 miles you run will be for your truck and fuel payments ad every thing over that will be in your pocket.
    My problem with TransAm was that for the 8 months I worked for them I was averaging about 2400 miles and if you do the math that is $336 a week take home after TransAm gets their money and leaves you what is left . I had many weeks where I just made 2,000 miles and got less that $100 pay for the week.
    :biggrin_2552:

Bottom avoid TransAm if you do go with TransAm DO NOT go lease be a company driver ( by the way co. drivers earn .23cent a mile + .07cent a mile for personal expenses)

6. the pope

the pope Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    I started with them and the only problem I ever had was 1 fuel gage that lied to me because it was stuck. other than there is not much to them. most of the time you are picking them up loaded and the temperature and settings (continuous or cycle) are put in for you. if you have a good trainer, he'll teach you how to deal with them and even after training, they show you how to deal with all the reefer units and its as easy literaly as setting the a/c in your house. some things that due suck are at night if you have an older trailer, those things are loud as hell but from what ive seen, those are starting to disapear.

as far as home time, you get 4 days a month. the cool part is you can get home by 8pm the day before and you leave at 8am (9am if you're in eastern time) the morning after your second day. so get in every other weekend or week. the thing that sucks is they tray to say the months are full when you put them in on your qualcom but i call my fleet manager and she takes care of it for me.

7. the pope

the pope Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    i agree, the lease program is a scam. i would never lease with them. id rather take the old truck and make money than have to worry about a truck payment. as a company driver ive had my ups and downs with the company but they have treated me fairly for the most part and when i had to stand my ground, i did and they had to concede.

8. teachmebouttrucking

teachmebouttrucking Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Do you guys know if Transam allows pets?

9. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    no pets. most companies don't allow pets except the really trashy ones.

10. DaveinKC

DaveinKC Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Ks
    Just got a prehire today from them. The first time I talked to them they said that they don't do prehires, but trust me they do. Also, it only took one week.

11. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    i work for trans am and like any other company as long as your physical and drug test comes back clean you are hired they check all background and refrences before you even come to orientation unlike some companies

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.