Transam trucking - lease program

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 2insane, Oct 11, 2009.

Are you a Lease Driver

1. *

YES

12.9%
  2. *

NO

48.6%
  3. *

THINKING ABOUT IT

28.0%
  4. *

I WAS

11.5%
  1. captjimmy

captjimmy Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Florida
    I just completed a 6 month lease with TransAm. Can you elaborate what you mean by “in debt to them”? And also what you mean by time gaps in between loads? He’s a lease driver I assume?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. captjimmy

captjimmy Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Florida
    I left because I realized how stupid I was for leasing a truck and even worse a truck I would never own. I ended up driving for them because I was tired of driving local and had less than 6 months experience otr. TransAms terminal in Tampa was close to home and I found out I wouldn’t have to go back out with trainer with them. I decided to go lease because I knew just by simple math that although the leases heavily benefit them, you can make more money than a company driver if done right. As a lease driver for any of these companies, you CANNOT go home. That is the only way to make money as a lease driver and that’s also why they do weekly payments. In the long run it’s not worth the little bit of extra money but TransAm is a good company. I ran 2800-3300 miles every week other than one because I got stuck in MO for 3 days in a winter storm. It’s all what you make of it.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.