Transam trucking - lease program

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 2insane, Oct 11, 2009.

Are you a Lease Driver

1. *

YES

12.9%
  2. *

NO

48.6%
  3. *

THINKING ABOUT IT

28.0%
  4. *

I WAS

11.5%
  1. BanditTrucker

BanditTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    KS
    700 dollars average net a week? but god forbid you blow a tire.. , or one of the hundreds of sensors on that pos engine goes out... that drops it down to 300-500 dollars... for working 70-80 hours, not to mention the tax man is going to make you return a lot of money since your going to make what 120k GROSS a year but have no deductions..(sub-lease is not a deduction) good luck coming up with 10+ grand for tax time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Sub lease not deductible?

Good thing you do not do taxes or give tax advice.

formertaxidriver Thanks this.
  4. BanditTrucker

Nov 24, 2011
    KS
    well that's what i was lead to believe in other TA threads...

5. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    ANY expense is tax deductible so long as it pertains to ur business; don't let no one fool u, my wife is an h&r block office manager & she does mostly o/o & co driver taxes for where we live

6. hwboo777

hwboo777 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2012
    pagedale,Mo.
    Hi ,
    Do you still give advise to trucker looking to get from under a lease and move on with somthing left beside their dignity?
    really need an answer, 6mos dver under the TA SCAM .....

7. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I've got to hand it to Trans Am, though. Even on low production miles, I still made SOMETHING. Now 25 cpm average profit isn't going to cut it for me, but even when I left on the tail end of back to back disappointing weeks, after they processed everything, my final statement was still only negative two cents. That's actually #### impressive for me because at C.R. England, I would be constantly hurting.

8. BanditTrucker

Nov 24, 2011
    KS
    i bet they never tell you in Transam Orientation, you only start making a profit AFTER running 1700 miles for the week...

1 break-down, 1 bad dispatch, 1 bad layover, 1 small incident, where you cant make another long run that week... YOU MAKE $0.00

9. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    Personally, i think lease purchase programs ought to be outlawed. Its nothing but a shell game designed to make people think they are going to be an owner-operator, which is false. The sickening part about it is POS lying con artist scumbags like russ mcelliot and john bledsoe insist on forcing this crap down their driving school students' thoats. Both of those clowns ought to be roasted alive with a flame thrower.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. turtletrucker

turtletrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2011
    U.S.A
    Well they do tell you that you would break even around 1800 miles. Breakdown insurance helps it avgs $150 , layovers will happen, incidents will happen, to anyone, at any company at anytime, Im just glad that the rookies are leaving TA so i can continue to get my 3790 AVG miles per week.

11. turtletrucker

turtletrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2011
    U.S.A
    How did you only make $4000 over eight months? That should be made in one month after all expenses.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.