Transfer of Licence from one province to another

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Arock, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Arock

Arock Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Hello:

If I obtain a class one licence in one province (e.g., BC) and I then decide I want to work in another (e.g., Alberta), is it possible to obtain another class one licence without doing another road test?

I am new to this, so it's just something I would like to know as I think about where I might pursue training

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    [h=3]Exchanging a Canadian Licence[/h]A valid licence from another Canadian jurisdiction can be exchanged for an equivalent class (Classes 1 through 7) of operator’s licence. Testing is not normally required. A vision screening is required for all classes. A medical is required for Classes 1, 2 and 4 and may also be required for all other classes if the applicant has a medical condition that may affect their ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Applicants must produce acceptable identification and proof of residency.

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1671.cfm

4. kfzr2

kfzr2 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2014
    From AB to SK I only needed to do another medical in order to switch it over. From SK to NB I wasnt required to do anything extra to switch over. no road tests.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.