Transport Designs

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bemidjiflash, Mar 23, 2008.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Transport designs can say whatever they want to say.. I can personally speak from experience... The maintenance is garbage.. There is absolutely no doubt about it.. As far as top three maintenance... I have to laugh at that one... Because I don't know what you come up with that number... I mean when you spend more time in the shop then you do on the road then your equipment is not great nor is your maintenance.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anon42890

Anon42890 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    You are not allowed to share ........ That individuals private consumer report with anyone. without his expressed written consent . I find that fact you would post that information"copy and pasted" on a public forum troubling to say the least . Seeing how you admit you knew whom he was and then published his consuimer credit information right?. You may be right but what if your wrong ? I highly doubt the individual would have approved as such, even if you have the correct individual in mind .
    Your actions tell a story about your corporate moral mindset.
    I strongly suggest you contact that individual and apologize for violating his privacy and the law .
    I have screen capped your post for future Reference .
    Have a good day.

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Yep, a DAC is protected by the FCRA and only people with a valid need are allowed access. Please don't post that on the forum. We don't want dragged in your lawsuit! :biggrin_25522:

Besides all that slugtrucker hasn't been on the forum in over 4 years.

5. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Seen one of their trucks the other night parked in menomonie, wi. 03 or 04 international that looked like it was about to fall apart lol

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sounds about right...there equipment is outright junk...I wonder how they will make it...majority of their freight is to/from California...with that old equipment, they may be looking for trouble.

7. ILoveRoadTrips

ILoveRoadTrips Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hello fellow drivers.

Back in spring of 2013 I had asked about Transport Designs, Inc. In April I rolled the dice and decided to give them try. I have been with them for almost 7 months now and am happiest with them by a long shot over my previous employers. (Swift, WH Transportation, deBoer, Roehl).

From the beginning Brian and Doug worked with getting me into this company, never once pushing me. I have found what they tell me to be truthful. This was most often not the case with my previous employers. One example I have is that I told my veteran friend/former mentor over at deBoer Transportation to come over here and give them a try. I was eager to join up with him. My friend called in and said he lived in Pottsboro/Lake Texoma, TX area and wanted to be home every other weekend. Now, most recruiters would lie and say something like... sure sure, we can get you home. They love experienced drivers here. However, they my friend they have freight there in his region... just not enough to get him home as much as he would like. That was honest and even my friend said it was very admirable of them to keep it honest.

I am not a number here. I believe we have something like 200 some drivers. Constantly I am greeted by name, followed with... 'How are we treating you, getting the miles you want, getting enough home time, etc..., etc... Roehl (NUMBER). deBoer(sometimes a number, but they sure thought load first driver LAST). Swift(do I really need to say something here). WH(They were ok, they just went out of business).

Look, my truck is a 2004 Freightliner. Here are the truths. The trailers are kept in good working order, cleaned and inspected everytime we drop them off at the Minnesota Yard and not on our time (drivers time). Example, deboer and Roehl had an inspection line for truck and trailer. You went through those lines on your time. deBoer would actually prefer you wash your own truck on your time not paid a dime to you. Transport is drop the trailer off in the front of the service bay and go on wit your business (Unless you are due for service or have an issue). They prep the trailers by pressure washing them out and inspecting them and park them in an empty line for drivers to take. The head of shop, John always works with me on any issues as does Lee and Jerry. I am sorry, but they do their jobs and treat us with respect knowing we have a job to do and are sitting there away from our families at their shop. Back to my truck... I no longer can run to CA because of the age of my truck. Yes... it was old, but it was serviced and professionally cleaned before I got into it. They also installed air seat blow guns, cb's, invertors, etc... They want to help you out at no cost to the driver. Yes... my truck is old, they know this... I know this. They are working on replacing ALL the trucks with brand new trucks. They are doing that at a very good pace. All new Internationals and Freightliners (all condos).

They let you pick my own route, they let you pick your own fuel stops, there are no on-board computers. It is NO FORCED DISPATCH. Sure, sometimes they need something to be done, but they have also given me the freedom to choose a different load if needed. Dispatch is done how YOU want it. Call them, text them or e-mail. I like the e-mail method on my smartphone. I do not get bugged with questions, or monitored. I am left to do my job.

Here is something else. I lost my debit card a few months back... I was hurting on money and needed to make a new account and get money into it asap. Transport Designs knew I was hurting and rather than waiting a day for direct deposit to work actually drove to the Wells Fargo in Burnsville, MN on one of the pay ladies time off for lunch and deposited a personal paper check into my account. My paycheck, a day early actually brought to my bank. Anyone else have a company do that for them?

I can walk into the dispatch office, the recruiters office, the head of safeties office and talk to anyone of them... all knowing me by name and asking how everything is... I can walk into any office at anytime. deboer had a glass window. Swift had a counter. Roehl same thing. These people care. I do my job, I do not complain, I admit my faults and stand my ground when needed (which I have not needed to do with them). They in return they work with me, talk with me about how to make life with this company better for myself, they give me good runs... I no longer have puddle jumper garbage relayruns with Roehl or deBoer. I have actual loads. 575(ballparking) is the lowest miles I have gotten for a load and it has always been the last load getting me home. My real loads are anywhere from 900-2200 loaded. Average 1,200 for the most part. So in review.

They get me home to Minneapolis when I need to be home. They let me take (HOWEVER MUCH HOMETIME I NEED... and I mean whatever). This is a reason that their driver turnover ratio is so low. I don't know the #'s, but people I talk with here are happy. I have yet to meet 1... not 1 driver say F&^% these people, I am quitting. Not one. We are getting in new trucks weekly(all condos). Old ones are moving out. All trailers are air ride (I say that because being a former refer driver we hated pulling dry vans because they were spring ride trailers... not here). Fright has miles on it. They do care about you and your life. I get home, I get time off. I like the staff all around... no #########. I am happier here than any other company I have worked for. I obviously have different circumstances than other people who have posted on here, but mine has been all positive, and I would bet if someone else came over they would feel the freedom and stress free atmosphere that this rare OTR company can offer.

-Happy Driver

8. FlexinTarzan

FlexinTarzan Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    Hmmm....Let's see if you are singing the same tune after your 2 YEAR MARK with them.....Good Luck ! :smt068:smt068

9. Thegador

Thegador Bobtail Member

May 27, 2010
    Greensboro NC
    Iloveroadtrips. Is dead on with his post. I myself have been here since June 2012. 28 months, that's over the 2 year mark, for flexintrazan. And yes its a very stress free atmosphere here.
    The fleet is over 70% changed out. I myself will getting a 2014 International, as soon as I return to the yard.Cant wait! The crazy thing is some of the drivers here love their old trucks so much, they really are dreading a new one.
    As far as mileage goes they really do keep you hoping. I've done over 300K, that's a average of 10,970 a month over the course of that time span. Be efficient and safe, is all they ask for. No hand holding here. No micromanagement.
    As for home time, as long as your productive, they are very easy going with the time you need off. I usually stay out 4 to 7 weeks, and when I call in and ask for a load home, I'm home bound. Plan and simple. I'll tally up my time out and take 1.5 per 7 out. So 7 to 10 days home. All I've ever been ask was will the truck be ok where it's parked. Yup..fence in lot.
    Are they perfect? ? No. Is it a good place to drive for? Yes.
    If they weren't, would I have wasted 2 plus yrs???
    Just my 2 cents....

10. Screwdriversg

Screwdriversg Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2014
    USA
    Anyone can tell me about this company..? Recently..?? Have they change anything from what I have been hearing.. Thinking about going their but sure don't want to deal with mechanics that don't know how to work on equipment and blame a driver . Been out here too long for that.. Tks for any new information if anyone can..

11. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Can't help you on this one screwdriverg but the thought of inexperienced mechanics to work on high dollar investments to me is a sign ,they don't want pay , did they really buy new trucks & not want experienced mechanics to work on their new equipment ? or did they learn from their mistakes the first time ? .....i know if i bought some trucks & was in business real mechanics would be part of the package right off the bat ......just my 2 cents

drvrtech77 and Screwdriversg Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.