traveling with trainer?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Hanfer, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Hanfer

Hanfer Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2016
    who sleeps where when you are with a trainer? I'm new to this. Not a problem if it's a SHE

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Usually the student gets top bunk. Idk how roehl does it but schneider put students in the hotel each night if it is not the same gender

4. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Students get top bunk. It is not your truck. You do not get to choose. If for some reason you can not get up in the top bunk....you are cordially invited to sleep in the passenger seat.

There are stories in training/orientation that students get to flip a coin to see who gets what bunk.....quite laughable actually. Male, Female or those who identify as Male or Female students get the top bunk. Never heard of an exception. When I was with my trainer I had just blown out the medial collateral ligament in my right knee. Getting up there was not painless. Getting down was worse. Just had to pull up my big boy panties and do it.

5. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Top bunk when both sleeping, alternate bottom once the team portion starts, use your own pillow and sleeping bag. It's uncool to ask a trainee to try to sleep up there while moving.

6. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    If a Roehl student is asked to run teams with a trainer......it is time to call Fleet and request a different trainer. Hard to learn from a trainer that is asleep in the berth. Seriously, demand a different trainer.

Hanfer Thanks this.
  7. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Problem with the Schneider method these gals do not get the full picture of trucking. They think they will have access to a shower, put on their make up and have a good hot breakfast before they start the day. I've had the opportunity a few months back to enlightening 2 female Schneider trainees the real down and dirty part of being a female on the road. Both were going to be trucking with a significant other and both thought they would be accommodated. They're in for a rude awakening.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.