Troopers identify truck model in fatal hit-skip crash on Ohio Turnpike

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Rockin&Rollin, Jun 6, 2015.

1. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    Be helpful if they identified what model of Freightliner they're looking for. If they have the headlight they could narrow it down to Cascadia, Columbia, Classic, or Century, or M2.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Unless it's a steer or like in this case, a (very preventable) breakdown, I'm not stopping on the shoulder. No if's and or but's about it. I've slowed to 45, put on the four ways and traveled 10 miles to an exit after chunking a drive or tandem tire. I hate being on the shoulder. It's an odd feeling to me and I'm constantly thinking I'm about to get plowed into and over.

KANSAS TRANSIT and truckon Thank this.
  4. Jean Strand Lyons

Jean Strand Lyons Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2015
    We have received more info re our brother's hit and skip on June 3rd. An official has now told us it was a Freightliner Cascadia and could have been a 2009-2012 year model that struck him. Thanks in advance for your help and concern.

5. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    Last week, I'm cruising down the interstate and I have traffic to my left and there is a road construction vehicle in the shoulder. There were two guys. And both of them were literally in the lane I was driving. I had to brake very hard and laid on my air horn. When I passed, they flipped ME the bird. WTF is wrong with this world? Now if I would have hit those slimy scum road workers, I would have gone to prison.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  6. EndHatred

EndHatred Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2015
    Thank goodness most workers stay behind the cones.

7. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    They'll just pull over to rearrange seating positions or whatever other nonsense with the doors flung wide open, blissfully unaware of the physics of 40 tons moving at highway speeds.

Gotta love those summer vacation amateurs.

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Also sorrry to hear of your loss there Jean.

I come across this situation frequently - daily.

Didn't mean any malice by my post - honest comment. I see many folks out of gas, fill tube is always on the drivers side, standing out in the road, attempting to fill with gas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.