Trouble finding a job...wonder if I should lease/purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by dbrook, May 21, 2015.

1. dbrook

dbrook Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2013
    I have an accident on my DAC report and I have been having a horrible time trying to find a job. I have a job right after that accident that requires me to drive 1 1/2 hrs one way to get in truck and park it at the end of day and drive 1 1/2 hrs back home, it is a local company route. They are also taking $100 out of my pay a WEEK for 10 weeks for insurance they are having to carry on me and say it is a deposit incase I get in an accident. I am drug and alcohol free. I am a very hard worker with 2 special needs kids and take home right now is on a good week $300. We are loosing everything on this pay!!!! Since no company is willing to hire me I wonder if leasing a truck would be a way to go? THoughts? Which companies may be willing to do a lease with me? What am I responsible for paying out of pocket when I lease through a program and what is average take home pay with the companies when leasing? Thank you for any guidance you can give me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    You will still have to pay for insurance and it will be high also. if you just have 1 accident it shouldn't be that hard to join a mega. Western express? C.r england?

Well I guess it depends what was the accident. ....cause your current job seem to be worrying alot about it

4. dbrook

dbrook Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2013
    I am currently fighting my DAC report! The company I had the accident for says it was a jackknife, NO WHERE in the police report does it say jackknife. I laid it on it's side, to avoid killing a woman who was going up under my rig. Next time she will be dead, I will hold the line. I hit the guard rail with my back tire which made the rig lay on its side.I have not tired the two companies you suggested yet.

5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Um a jack knife sound better than a roll over.... rollovers can destory your career. well idk what to say I don't know they whole story of the accident. But Chinatown can chine in....once he done doing.......whatever Chinatown do

6. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    An accident can make it hard to find a decent company even a lease purchase (99% of the time a bad deal) it will be difficult to find a company that wire hire you,,where do you live? Maybe finding s driving job local , that only requires a Class B,,just because you have a class A does not mean you have to drive a Class A truck,,My insurance company would not allow any drivers with any kind of accident in the past 3 years and no DUI for the past 5 years unless I wanted to pay premiums that were 50% or more higher,,
    I would never hire a driver that had a roll over or a serious accident with injuries, and never anyone that had a DUI. too many other drivers out there with clean records,
    Maybe find a farmer that has trucks hauling grain

7. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    You really dont need to say your "alcohol and drug" free..that is expected.."the sky is blue when no clouds are out" you wouldn't need to ever say that would you?.300 bucks a week is more than most lease opps make,some get pay check stubs that read..-450 or -350 or -500..many weeks in a roll. ..these companies love a desperate,broke,"l got a family to support",driver to fill the seats to make them a "crop-sharer"..But what to do ??? I say keep looking for a company job while you grind it out to put some "time" between you and your accident

dbrook Thanks this.
  8. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    I agree, Never,never swerve to avoid a collision..I will slam and pump my brakes to minimize the impact, But swerving will almost always result in roll overs or jack-knifes..

9. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    Don't listen to any idiot that says a roll over is an automatic bad thing , I see you had a reason . Any idiot that says you had a roll over blah blah blah is just a noob idiot

LSBroker Thanks this.
  10. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    And no , I've never rolled one over . A good friend , owner operator for 50 years , rolled one over in 79 and not a scratch since .

dbrook Thanks this.
  11. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Does a roll over 79 show up on your record ??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.