Truck amenities?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Charlyb715, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Was wondering what kind of amenities come in the tractors? Have a couple other companies calling back with the same pay and time home so I'm trying to get some info on what the tractors come equipped with; refrigerators, tv, satellite.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    It varies by company.

4. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    I was wondering about Averitt.

truckon Thanks this.
  5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Da
    Fart stains and piss bottles from the last driver!

6. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Most will not have anything more than a stereo in them. And maybe, just maybe, a CB radio. If you want a fridge, you have to buy it. A TV? You buy it. Satellite radio? You buy it. Satellite TV? You buy it. Blow up doll? You buy it.

That is MOST companies. Not all. From what I hear, Werner leaves you a blow up doll. It's generally pretty well used and will have several patches applied to leaks. 70/30 shot of getting male doll.

Not sure about Averitt.

7. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    It gets curiouser and curiouser.....

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  8. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    Thanks for the laugh. Lol. Got a couple offering sat tv and fridges is the only reason I was asking.
    When the cpm is the same I guess it comes down to consistant miles and the little things.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Miles and reputation. There are a number of questionable companies that deck their trucks to the nines (fridge, XM/sorryash, apu's, tv with satellite) but then crap on their drivers every chance they get, or give them lousy miles, or cameras watching you along with trucks so cut back they are almost considered a road block.

If I am not mistaken, I think Averitt's trucks have Thermoking APU's (and a decent size inverter)

The one thing you have to watch for is that the advertised pay rate may include a perdiem amount or the bonuses that the driver may earn IF everything goes perfect and the planets align just right. The base pay without any bonuses or perdiem might be considerable lower.

Charlyb715 Thanks this.
  10. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Think about it. If a carrier is having such a hard time keeping driver that they have to advertise satellite TV and such, do you really want to be victimized....I mean, drive for them?

Western Express advertises satellite TV in their tractors, but I wouldn't drive for them. The pay is below standard, the dispatch is less than exemplary, and they do far too much northeast region for my tastes, at least on the dry van side. Plus Western Express has drivers leaving on a daily basis. Guess that satellite TV ain't worth much, huh?

I drag a deck, so the things I look for are percentage pay (and decent rates), consistent hometime, a reliable truck, and honest dispatch. Note that I didn't list miles. Since I work for a percentage of the freight rate, I don't really want big mile loads. I prefer short and sweet freight that pays a better rate.

11. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    I appreciate the info. All my driving has been in the oilfield so OTR is a whole new world to me. Spent my time on the road getting paid by the hour and sleeping in hotels or man camps so I never cared how my tractor was decked out other than having a good times radio and CB. Spent a few years driving a tuned down Halliburton KW up the hills of West Virginia and PA so I'm very familiar with driving a roadblock. I-79 near Morgantown with the flashers on and rolling at 25 mph was almost enough to make you just get out and walk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.