Truck Driver cited for "road raging" a school bus driver

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Gadfly, May 13, 2015.

1. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    I saw on the local Channel 9 news where a truck driver was filmed by a student cursing and berating a school bus driver because he couldn't pass the bus. The driver was shown outside the bus, as seen from inside the school bus, raging and cussing at the bus driver. Students filmed the encounter from inside the bus. Local police identified and located the driver, charged him with disorderly conduct since no direct threat occurred to the students. Watching this on TV Monday night, I saw his behavior as extremely ridiculous and immature. After all, what do school busses DO but go slow, make frequent stops, and hold up traffic! :) Who doesn't get caught behind school busses. But, REALLY?? I wonder if he has a job now?

AshleyJ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
    While I saw the same on the news, I gotta ask...."What's the connection between this and the CB Radio Forum?"

4. RackEmUp

RackEmUp Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Looks to me like this is in the "General...Anything & Everything --> Truckers News" section.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    School buses going slow? Uh not around here... They just had a special on the news here in Chicago showing the amount of buses that have been caught speeding, blowing red lights and reckless driving...

6. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Chicago school buses are awful...most of what I have witnessed is when there are no kids on the bus though.

Once I was going around Atlanta and saw a Davis driver tailgating and flashing his lights at a school bus (with kids)...asked him over the CB what in the heck he was doing..."####### ####### school bus is going to ####### slow!" Yup...pretty sure he told me to "mind my own ####### business" as well...how original.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I've sen some school busses have 7 or 8 cars/trucks behind them on 2 lane roads in rural areas, and stopping every half mile or so ... ok ... but then I've seen them have a stop at a wide spot in the road where they could have easily pulled over off the roadway with their flashing red lights, made the stop, waited for the kid(s) to walk well away from the road, then turned off the flashing red lights, and allow those behind to go on around before proceeding ... but no, they refused to be considerate and take advantage of a wide spot in the road. So, it's possible for a bus driver to be needlessly INconsiderate in some situations, IMHO

8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    What I hated is when the bus who picked up the special needs kids on the street I used to live on would pick up one kid on my street who was so disabled that he couldn't operate his wheelchair and had the lights blocking the road for up to 10 minutes while they loaded this kid up.

9. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
    An admin moved it since it was posted. .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.