Truck Drivers Sue Werner Over Pay Practices

Discussion in 'Werner' started by jimsreport, Sep 5, 2012.

1. jimsreport

jimsreport Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2012
    On the date of August 28, 2012, a group of truck drivers filed a law suit against Werner Enterprises due to illegal pay practices.

Case Number: 8:12-cv-00307 in The State Of Nebraska.
    Presiding Judge: Senior Judge Lyle E. Strom.
    Case Title: PETRONE et al v. Werner Enterprises, Inc. et al.

It really should be a "Class Action A." It can still develop.

Werner is one of the worst companies a driver could be employed.

Stay away from Werner.

Literally, Werner starves their truck drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sofia

Sofia Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    and....Werner's financial reports are currently under speculation by the S.E.C. (Security Exchange Commission). WERN on NASDAQ is overrated.

A full "Cross Sectional Analysis" before investing or risking the high volatility of a short sale is a good idea.

Werner's in litigation...the stocks will fall below average. Sell.

4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ain't going to amount to anything, the Werner legal team is dealing with this all day long. Maybe a fine, a slap on the wrist, business as usual.

5. dirtjersey

dirtjersey Light Load Member

I went without food some nights working for werner. They get govt money to hire drivers every month. I heard they hire drivers without the trucks to put them in. I made .17cpm mile making $200 week.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Now that's funny.I hope drivers get Werner for millions or at least thousands.Jim said a mouthfull when he said Werner starves their drivers.

7. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Perhaps it will amount to nothing.

BUT, it sure beats sitting on your hands,

and doing nothing !!

8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Werner Driver since March. Last check 676 and change gross, pure OTR Western Regional, nothing extra on the check. Consistently bounce between 600 and 800 gross a week unless I'm on a temp account (Wal mart....mmmmmmmmmmmmm nearly 1K weeks every week).

Not to point fingers or anything but...they treat me pretty #### well for someone who had 0 OTR experience and only had a short local delivery run prior. (Less than six months but I've had my CDL since 2003). About to go home on hometime ON TIME after being out 45 days. (Try to stay out 45-90 days at a time). Average pay on the sliding scale for me is around 30-32 cents a mile unless they give me a few 500+ mile runs to blow the average.

I just dont say no to runs (Like you really can as a company driver) deliver on time/early, communicate with my dispatch, and treat everyone with respect. Seems to be a working formula for me. Keeps a roof over my family's head, food on the table, insurance in the wallet. To each their own I guess.

9. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Oh and I do spend about 60-75% of my time EAST of the Mississippi even on Western Regional....Jersey...*Shudder*

10. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    A lot of drivers have bad attitudes, and the dispatchers and staff deal with bad drivers every day, so they get to a point where they treat everyone like the lowest common denominator, unless they know you.

I drive for an O/O leased onto a larger carrier, and I have a dedicated set of 3 dispatchers I deal with, and I know their names, and even though they probably talk to 50 different drivers a day, I try to go out of my way to distinguish myself from other drivers by remember who they are by their voice and such, and just try to make it a personal thing, as if it were a small company I drove for. Eventually, they stopped treating me like a number and talking down to me, and that is what I was after. But some of the other dispatchers like on nights and weekends, they still do that, there are a lot of bad dispatchers out there too.

My point is that all the negativity feeds off itself and just grows and grows until it becomes the culture. If I ran a trucking company, I could never let my work culture degenerate into something that disgusting. I would be ashamed to own stock in some of these companies.

And yes, there are bad drivers, but you get what you pay for, and if you're taking gov't money/kickbacks to put people through school, then you're gonna get what you pay for. You want cheap labor, you're gonna get cheap crap drivers, and you're gonna get cheap, crap dispatchers, and eventually your whole company becomes on big cheap piece of crap.

Sorry for the rant.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.