Truck info for NYC.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MACK E-6, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    My quoted response was directed at Hellraiser78. He refered to NYC as the armpitt of humanity. My reply was simply that there are worse places to live then NYC. That is why armpitt was in quotes.

SL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Yup worse places to live--but not many that are as bad as NYC and as expensive LOL!

4. Iwllnotlaydown

Iwllnotlaydown Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    I just want all to know that the BQE (278 ) in NY City has an area where it says trucks over 13'6 exit here I want everyone to know you don't have to I run 13'6 there everyday you can go right to the Verrazano Bridge without e Ed getting off as if you do get off going west bound you will get lost if your not familiar with the area

5. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    That's true BUT the NYPD DOT division has been known to stake out that wide spot before the last sign and chase you down, ticket book in hand. I used to run under there with a 12' high tractor pulling oversize (long not high) BUT I had a permit - twice I've been stopped for going thru there until they saw the permit.

I'm sure you could fight the ticket in court based on National Interstate rules, but they (DOT) know most won't bother and just pay it.

FYI

6. Iwllnotlaydown

Iwllnotlaydown Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Bristol, CT
    I will be more careful, I appreciate that info , Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Solidarity

Solidarity Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Chesapeake Va
    You know most cities are ok if you know them, I used to live in Chi town and I have really no problem because I know what's coming around the corner but NYC no freakin way. You know someone could actually start a business by letting truck drivers ride along in a truck mapping routes and getting the feel of the pace and traffic. O/O might be worth thinking about if you live there, charge for say an 8 hour day x amount of dollars and show them the routes. Hmmm........

8. hopeyoulikejammintoo

hopeyoulikejammintoo Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    I'd rather deliver by foot than deal with those low bridges in N.Y

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      45.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      237 KB
      Views:
  9. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    lol gotta love them low overpasses in NYC! The trick is that in NYC they measure from the hub up. Kind of silly really but that's the way it is. I grew up in the city area and once you learn your way around its not too bad. I would imagine that Chi town is just as bad but once you learn it, its not bad.

Speedloader Thanks this.
  10. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    It's the learning that is the hard part

Speedloader Thanks this.
  11. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    I agree. It did take me some time to learn my way around. County Atlas' were a big help for me. That was my GPS at that time! :biggrin_2559:

AZS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.