Truck Scales

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by freshdriverluk, May 20, 2015.

1. freshdriverluk

freshdriverluk Bobtail Member

May 20, 2015
    Hi Guys, I am new in Canadian trucking industry and would like to ask a question regards accesibility of truck scales. I haul heavy equipment for one of edmonton company and just today received a ticket for being overloaded 1.800 kg on triaxle on the back. I was moving stuff which was sheduled for yesterday and just to get on front of dispatch guy loaded two rollers and gets as above 1800 kg on back. On the first go my employer said he will pay ticket as I was doing my job and guys on road was waiting for stuff allready, then after some time they change decision that I could play on busy roads with rollers and maybe load them in diferent way and I will pay my ticket myself, I didnt mention that I was picking up one roller in diferent location and other iin diferent and both was going to two diferent location on one way so the first to drop was in back of trailer and second to drop was in front.
    no matter of excusses, I am looking for some regulation regards accessibility of weight scales as we have no scales in our yard, we cannot use public ones as they mostly have DOT on them and when you over you ###...d anyway and the company do not pay for using private ones.
    Any ideas what to use in this case so the guys change their mind, I allready told them that as from today no matter what everything goes in single loads as I have no scale in my eyes and I want avoid more tickets. obviously I have gaugs by trailer but their are not accurate, when they say I'm over the gauge shows 65 PSI on back airbags.
    Please please give me any ideas, any acts, anything I can told my boss so he will pay fine

Ty

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    i just talked to a freind of mine up in edmonton. he says there are self-serve scales in Alberta. you can also cal DOT and they will let you scale the load

freshdriverluk Thanks this.
  4. freshdriverluk

May 20, 2015
    Thank You for info, next time I will remember this

5. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    im not sure what you can scale on a tri-axle up there, (im in USA) but find out and make sure yout gauges are correct.

on my pete 579 60 PSI is 34k on the drives

6. freshdriverluk

May 20, 2015
    yeah but I'm talking about gauges on the trailer, not on tractor unit

7. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    i realize that. i dont have guages like that on the trailer. was just usimg my tractor as an example.

8. freshdriverluk

May 20, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.