Truck Service BS

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Slargtarg, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Slargtarg

Slargtarg Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Today, my truck was scheduled for a regular maintenance servicing.

Dropped off my load last night, went back to my home terminal, woke up this morning and "attempted" to get my truck serviced.

My problem is this, there is an asinine rule that the driver must bring a trailer to the shop in order to get the truck serviced. The reason being, so the shop can "inspect" random trailers while they are servicing the truck. However, its one of those bureaucratic rules that make no sense and they never actually inspect the trailer.

Last time my truck got serviced I picked up a trailer, sat in the service line for three hours. When it was my turn, I got checked in and then they told me they weren't going to bother with the trailer. They told me to go drop the trailer and park my bobtail by the shop and they would get to around to servicing the truck when they had a chance.

I sat in that #### line for 3 hours for no good reason.

This time my service was scheduled I thought I would save myself the trouble and just bobtail to the shop and check in.

They wouldn't allow it.

I walked into the shop.

Me: "My truck need scheduled service"

Service guy: "Go pickup a trailer and wait in line to check in"

Me "What for, after I wait for several hours your just going to have me drop the trailer and park my bobtail by the shop anyway"

Service guy: "Rules are rules. gotta follow the rules."

Why should I sit for hours without pay in a line just to check in for a service? They're not even going to service it right then and there, they just have me park the #### truck and get to it when they are not busy.

Anyway, I was going to sit in the line, then I tried to call in to complain, but got put on hold for a half hour, always takes forever to get ahold of anyone.

I said screw it, I just got in my personal vehicle and left the yard for the day. Thinking about getting another job. I dont give a #### if they service the truck or not. They are capable of servicing it without me sitting pointlessly in a line for half the day.

I haven't had any hometime in six months to begin anyway.

This is coming two weeks after I got saddled with a junk trailer.

Some other driver picked up a load in a trailer that was falling apart. Then he pulled the old "my grandma had a heart attack, I need to get to xxxx city". They had me swap loads with this other driver.

Had to take the trailer to the company yard (different yard than my home terminal, 1000 miles from my home) and sit for 2 days while they fixed the trailer. Wouldn't have been so bad if I could have rented a car and enjoyed my time off without pay.

Instead I had to sit at the yard the whole two days and chauffeur the trailer in and out of the shop as they worked on it. I never got any breakdown pay for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    sounds like they don't appreciate there help much, you never said what company which is fine but you would think that if they balk on paying you breakdown pay after you helped another driver out they would pay, i'd say something, good luck

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Are you kidding me???
    They can move the truck into the shop by themself when you are at home. Not to mention they want you to sit there unpaid??? Wtf!!! You put up with way too much!

5. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    ITT: dude wastes hours doing nothing for no pay, and are pissed.

In other news, dog bites man. Film at 11.

TGUNKEL Thanks this.
  6. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    What company is that? I'd like to avoid them

7. Slargtarg

Slargtarg Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Its a mega, I'm not going to get any more specific than that for the time being for obvious reasons. Been here for 11 months.

8. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
  9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Is it Heartland?

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Umm,.. Maybe I'm just slow, but what obvious reasons? Are you truthful or lieing? If you are truthful name names. Hell if it is a mega, there is likely a way around your problems (throw more (different) bureaucracy, to get around bureaucracy)

11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    "Obvious reasons" likely include that he doesn't want to get fired 1 month before he's put in his year to satisfy the contract for his CDL school for posting how the company treats him on the internet.

Rusty Trawler and dngrous_dime Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.