Trucker aborts exit, gets rear ended in Houston- fatality

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by One_tooth_wonder, Jun 27, 2015.

1. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    I agree with you 100%

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    That nissan was hauling ### to have suffered such severe damage and the driver had to have been distracted by something not to have taken evasive action. Even if that truck was sitting still as a stone, an alert driver would have had time to take some kind of action to avoid hitting it, if they were paying attention.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    That particular Nissan could have suffered that sort of damage with a 45 MPH impact with a large, heavy fixed object. 25 or 45 or 65, it's really not important. Most of the blame can probably go to the car driver for not noticing a slow vehicle ahead or on the shoulder and not moving over in time. Of course I'm only speculating, but I suspect the truck driver may realize he had a lot to do with what happened too, and will probably do things different if ever found in that same scenario again.

tsavory Thanks this.
  5. BeanDip

BeanDip Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    S.W Michigan
    I count 4 chains an a strap.

6. BeanDip

BeanDip Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    S.W Michigan
    Who would be at fault if the truck was at a dead stop in ANY lane? I realize it would be a danger, but it seems that any driver, obeying the speed limit, not driving while effing around on their phone, and paying attention to what is going on ahead, would have avoided slamming into the rear of another vehicle.

7. Tonitos

Tonitos Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    Maybe the young lady panicked or wasn't paying attention.

God rest her soul and prayers to her family but I'm just asking questions here. Let's not paint this trucker to be the harbinger of evil; inexperience or ignorance maybe.

8. texasbbqbest

texasbbqbest Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Crashes like that are usually human errors on both sides as a part of a chain reaction. Bless the both of them!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.