Trucker shortage prompts calls for driverless big rigs

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Puppage, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    The mega's are a victim of their own(and the ATA's) creation. They made a business of high turnover, grabbing any schlub off the street and giving them just just enough training to shift & hold the wheel, pay them as little as possible, constantly make promises while screwing them out of pay and earned hometime, them dumping him or her off like a sack of manure if anything goes wrong or the driver has had enough. Their desire for driverless trucks only proves they don't care about the drivers one bit.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
  4. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    GPS won't be an issue if they are tracking the exact same path as the pilot truck 30ft ahead of it. I don't see it ever fully replacing drivers, but I can see trucks running a lane in the middle of nowhere. Like up north where the plows can run based on road sensors, driver can literally steer without actually seeing the road.

5. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Here in Ga they are constructing a truck only lane that will be 35 miles in length on I 75. It will have in bedded sensors etc... Another plum for construction out fits.

Gulf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.