Truckers on strike is it true

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by khan1122, May 22, 2016.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    This ^ , and the "US Marshals" comment -

Are we terrified of authority? It's a free market economy right? If you don't want to work - then stay home - owner or company driver alike.

And before you say " I need to pay my bills " - then reconsider who the real 'boss' is. The bank? Your employer? Or you.

If you're not prepared to watch it all burn - then make sure you're at your designated work station on the day of the strike, compliant and happy.

As for a rolling roadblock, I'd rather sit on the deck and down rolling rock, than drive this thing 10 mph all day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Well if I'm not mistaken the non union & union truckers at the Canadian ports did it. They were successful. The problem with us we don't organize. We are a toothless lion. We make a lot of noise but no fight at all. Let's say we organize state by state, city by city, county by county. We can agree on one point and build from there. It can be done. It takes TIME, planning and hard work. Instead of shooting and idea down why not help getting it started with your fellow trucking brothers in your network and build it up. That is how forest fires start most of the time by a little spark. We know how they grow & the damage they do. We need to start somewhere if we are going to make things better for our children in this country. Our families depend on us to be strong not gutless men & women. How can I help we can start with that.

amiller Thanks this.
  4. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    That's it, I'm gonna park my truck for a whole week.... Wait, that's for military duty, so it won't count. Although lucky me, I skip the DOT blitz.

5. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    So all the independents go on strike.

Megas will be glad to fill the gap, company driver get in that truck and drive or we will hit you with abandonment.

6. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Company can strike too. Just start on duty for 5 minutes to cancel 10hr break. No hours til Tuesday morning.

7. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Refusal to work is not a crime. This is the United States. You have the right not to work if you don't want to.

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. barwick

barwick Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Manning,SC
    We have contract,we can strike anytime we choose. Right to work issue...

9. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    If the strike actually occurrs, company drivers could mysteriously all come down with a 24hr stomach bug. Or tge independents can block in all the company trucks @ the truck stops.

10. korex_UA

korex_UA Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2007
    I will try to make sure I bring all my guys home for that days , and let them enjoy some expert home time

11. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    No, they can't.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.