Truckers on strike is it true

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by khan1122, May 22, 2016.

1. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Truckers are never going to organize. To organize, you need a handful of leaders and a bunch of followers. There are far too many know-it-alls, blowhards, social misfits and general malcontents in this business to organize an effective movement.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Any strike needs a date only truck drivers know.

4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    How or who will protect me as a part of interstate commerce from those who already conspire to make the interstate commerce slow not effective? Slow transportation system requires more trucks. More truck means more pollution which is direct impact on health of our citizens, transportation infrastructure, dependence on foreign oil suppliers.
    Why it's OK to hold truck for 5-6 hours to count 2 pallets and not OK ocean ship detention to count all boxes in all containers?

5. Chattduck

Chattduck Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2013
    North Ga
    Week of June 6, I feel sorry for the people in all the small towns near weigh stations. Tons of trucks rolling through to avoid the inspections

6. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I'm sure those holes will be plugged quickly.... And as I recall, avoiding a scale is a rather large fine.

7. Dominick253

Dominick253 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Nothing wrong with hauling chips! They're light and taste./s

8. Jermin8r92

Jermin8r92 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Wouldn't a strike bring on autonomous trucks sooner? Look what's going on with Wendy's after they demanded higher pay

9. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    That technology is already here, and worst case scenario, it may double or triple charge your debit card. Or, *gasp*, extra cheese.....

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive been hearing strike talk for 40 years now.

It's not gonna happen. Maybe a small number will strike. Or the Teamsters strike. But it's herding cats and ultimately everyone needs money honey.

What would be a event if there was a proper strike when all 10 million truckers went home bobtail and stayed there a week. This Nation would see anarchy within the first 10 days.

11. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    How about you all talk to those 20+ year drivers and ask them what they think & how They let the industry get to this point. All this bs isn't new. Crap has been going on since They were trucking before We were born. Don't let those old timers tell you it's all us young guys messing things up. We're the ones picking up the slack while they've all gotten out. As far as I know, we're the ones slaving away pulling those billion miles a year for cheap pay, right?

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.