Truckers strike in Miami June 6 and 7.

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by Steinbrenner, May 19, 2016.

1. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Yawn.

What the article describes is not a "strike." It sounds more like an O/O bellyaching session about how they "ain't making no money." In other words, it's something that occurs on days that end in "y."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    On the first two days of 'Road Check 2016'. Trying to skirt an inspection, or maybe they know they'll be put OOS.
    But yeah, it's going to require more than two days, 1000 protesters and one state to make a dent in this charade.

4. Hardwork70

Hardwork70 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2016
    There is a page on facebook it's
    (Truckers had enough)
    But I think that a web site were everybody can signup with a live!! Blog
    And help each other.a Real O\OP nation wide union!!. Were we can register.
    And have a real voice.
    I tried to tell drivers about the facebook page but they don't take it seriously!!!
    A flat rate even if there is one load.
    Because they know some idiot is going to take a load that pays 700 dls run 900Miles and do 3 to 5 drops.
    Shipping brokers tell you they doit every day there is a new sucker that will work for free for them.
    Freight brokers, the dot, uncle sam
    They got us by the balls!!!!
    o_O need to demand better rates!!!
    We are easy target's.
    I'm tired of being scared of not knowing
    If it's going to get better or worse!!!
    A real national o.o union is needed!!!
    It's the only way!!!
    Succesfull company's have them
    WHY NOT US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please share and add discussion.
    God bless.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    You can't compete against reality. And you admitted the reality ... a sucker is born every minute. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Deal with it.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    100 miles radius from Detroit, 75 available loads and 310 trucks posted (not counting those who dont post). You can strike as much as you want, but you cant beat supply and demand.

Tempii Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you walk with God, you don't feel fear about your work.

There is nothing to bless when you are forgetting one of His Teachings to work for your Employer for the Glory of God and to Honor by thine diligence and labor to a quality job well done.

If you cannot spend a day in Miami without needing a truckstop knowing how long it takes to unload and reload and how far with those comfortable plush tractors you are being issued by companies seeking to retain you.

And you complain and make trouble against them for their generosity. If it was me, I'll have you running GMC, Marions and Autocars until you are properly disclipined.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  8. Yami

Yami Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2016
    A general calling for truckers to stop starting today June 8 for a week!!!!!

Right now a lot of truckers are striking asking for fair freight pay, but they are forgetting that theirs is a lot more problems then that. We all need to fight together for all this things.;

1. Fair pay- over $1.50 per mile (because from this they have to pay fuel, factoring company, insurance, dispatch service, food, trucks repair, and other fees they are charge when on the road)

2. Pay for waiting time- most of the time they don’t get pay for waiting to get loaded or unloading, but if they are late to a pickup or delivery their pay gets deducted.

3. Equipment protection-most of the time if their equipment get damage by the people loading or unloading, they have to pay the repairs themselves because they are not compensated, but if they damage a load they have to pay for it.

I created a small contract to have the brokers sign for each load protecting trucker’s rights but have never been able to have them sign it. If we all use this and refuse loads from brokers that don’t want to sign it, we will see the change.

Please share this, I’m attaching the form, you can make any changes.

Attached Files:

Steinbrenner and Hardwork70 Thank this.
  9. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    What if a broker made up a contract that superceded your carrier contract by simply nullifying your rules basing their obligations are to their cosigners and not the carriers?

10. Hardwork70

Hardwork70 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Please post this in Facebook
    Page (truckers had enough).
    Lets tell all truckers to join.
    We need a website with live blogs
    We can change this industry!!!!
    It goes both ways They need us like we need them
    It's about fairness that's ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Yami

Yami Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I already did, there are several places in Florida that truckers are stooped!! People are protesting in Miami, Tampa, Tallahassee, Houston TX and more. The goal is to have everyone stop so the abuse can stop already. I'm a dispatcher and I'm not getting loads for any of my truckers, we have to unite!!!

Steinbrenner and Hardwork70 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.