Trucking-friendly plan in Congress decried as attack on safety

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by c64basic, May 4, 2015.

1. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    True Story. I was on a run from Cali to Denver and I was headed through Wyoming just east of Laramie and I had 2 fed ex day cabs pulling tripples doing every bit of 75 and the conditions were about 45 or 50 mph safe in my eyes. I got 30 miles down the road only and there was both trucks tangled up like you wouldnt believe. Trailers everywhere but where they should have been. Thank god police headed west passed at the same time and were able to respond and some other truck also headed west stopped so I kept going. So yeah that last thing we need is more squirlly bigger fed ex trucks or any other companies either.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Did not know you could pull triples in Wy.. When did that start?????????????

4. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    That was in probably 2008 or 2009 so been a while.

5. tnf150driver

tnf150driver Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Nashville TN
    I see a lot of these fedex and UPS doubles along I-65 who can't maintain there lane. Would hate to see 3 or 2 53 footers vs the 2 pup trailers these yahoo can't control already.

6. Look at the turnpike in NY i-90 they are pulling 53' doubles. Says they can be up to 120' on NY turnpike

7. DonRobbie

DonRobbie Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Midwest
    Unless the Weight limit goes up this only helps the Package carriers who mostly haul boxed air. We run reefer doubles and we can't come close to filling both boxes before we gross out.

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    The ATA also want to be able to add another axle to the trailers (tri-axle) and run 97,500 lbs gross on the interstate system nationwide. Our bridges are falling down now. My take on all this is that anything that is wanted by the ATA will do nothing to help any of us drivers.

9. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I looked and Wy. does not allow Triples.. So please re tell your Fed Wrecks story to somebody else.
    I thought they didn't. Just double checked

10. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Yeah, but they have to drive the NY Thruway,,,, so it's not like anybody WANTED that job. (unless you like Buffalo to Sloatsburg with nothing but overpriced rest areas along the route.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.