Truckstop Scams? Lets post our stories.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by truckbuddha, Feb 27, 2016.

1. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    HI, It was another guy today selling a 10 yr old laptop, all bubble wrapped with a bestbuy price tag that woke me up. The story he gave was he was unloading them and had extras so he was selling them. haha

How about the guys that go around selling fake gold jewery? Lots of them out here too.

So tell your story, lets have some fun.

don

x1Heavy, FerrissWheel and Dominick253 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Country Pride charging over $10.00 for a BLT and a glass of Iced Tea.

4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    TA in commerce city, CO

Young guy pulls up in a late model Escalade trying to sell a home theatre system.
    I thought what kind of driver wants a theatre system for a house in their truck, figured it was a rich kid selling his dad's #### for drugs.

5. Gearjammer97

Gearjammer97 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Any truckstop restaurant, minimum 20 bucks to sit down and eat. Doesn't usually matter how small the meal is. If it actually fills you up, then your looking at $30.

6. sliver

sliver Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    idaho
    How about the usual my families in the car we are visiting sick relatives, on vacation or at moms funeral and ran out of gas. Amazing how many people run out of gas at truckstops. LOL! Had guys try and sell home theater systems, tablets, tarps, chains and binders, money for baby formula etc etc. The list goes on and on. LOL

7. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    I was sitting at a truck stop close to the airport and a Italian guy driving a rental car pulls up infront of me and gets out.
    Starts telling me he was here from Italy for the fashion show and shows me a airline reservation ticket for Italy leaving in 2 hours.
    He starts to show me all these designer suits and jackets he was given at the show as he's a buyer for some "fashion house" in Italy.
    Claims he doesn't need the stuff and dosent want to pay the duty taxes on the stuff back in Italy as the taxes would be more than the stuff was worth.
    I knew he was full of #### and let him go on and even tried some of the jackets on for over a hour with no intention of giving him any money.

So he gets around to asking for some money. I looked at him with a surprised look and said "money I don't have any money, I thought you were giving me the stuff."

The look on his face was priceless.;):D

8. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    $20 for Bee Pollen enegry pills that all truck stops put on their counters. yea, I fell for that BS useless fake product. No such thing as a wonder drug. Don't buy it.

9. Riprap

Riprap Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Saginaw, MI
    The most popular one I've found is bums saying they've ran out of gas or are stranded and need food money or money for a broken car part.

I don't wear jewelry but one time I bought a "$500 gold necklace" for $20 from a guy who knocked on my door, I brought it home and went to a "cash for gold" store, they looked at it inside the store and wouldn't even give me $1 because it was worthless junk metal.

10. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Yeah the worst panhandlers are the guys who use a pregnant girl friend as the bait to get money, with the boyfriend hanging out a few hundred feet away watching her. She claimed to be homeless with a big smile on her face, but her clothes looked like they just came out of the dryer.

Seen another who really had that sun baked homeless look, walk out of a Pilot in OKC, with a $9 6pk of imported beer in his hand as he walked back to the woods. Figured that guy had it made, just get money for beer all day, sleep some more, get more money, get more beer. What a life!

Dominick253 and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  11. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I do not think they are scams truckstops are just evil.

americanmadetrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.