Trying to find the Wolfman shop

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Lightninrod, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    FYI...My experience with so-called "CB Shops" that advertise constantly on channel 19 should be avoided like the plague...

Most are nothing short of Hack-Shops. They advertise on the radio to lure truckers from Out of Town into their shops for quick fix's or try and sell you some "Too good to be true" Peak and Tune, telling you they can make your stock Cobra 29 do 50+ watts for a mere $40...Then they show you on their Power Meter (which is usually a Dosy) how your radio is now swinging 50 watts...What they wont show you, is what your radio looks like on a scope once they have had their golden screwdriver in the back of it...

They know most drivers are only in town for a few hours (if that) so they bate them in by advertising on the radio, then take their money, then do some magic smoke tune on the radio knowing the guy probably won't be back around for months, if at all...

And if the guy comes back months later complaining, they will just say something else in the radio must have just worn out...

Theres several of these type shops in the Dallas area, and i wouldn't so much as let them re-wire a broken Mic, much less let them work on one of my radios...

That said...I'm NOT saying that "Wolfmans" is like that...Don't know them, never delt with them...Just a "General Rule of thumb" on shops that advertise on the radio...

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Stay away from wolfman they jacked my cb radio I have a new general lee.

rabbiporkchop and Bighig Thank this.
  4. Bighig

Bighig Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Easley,S.C.
    I hear him all the time breaking for A advertisement plug and I have hear drivers talking back complaining to him about his work.:smt079

5. tiger1996

tiger1996 Light Load Member

May 25, 2009
    athens,ga
    I have had him build a couple of radios for me over the years.Always great work and service.Kevin is usually the one advertising on 19,he comes across as an ###,but seems ok after you meet him.I know they will not do some mods,because they feel they are not quality jobs.Everything I have had done has been good.Give them a try,I am local and have never heard anything bad about them.

Bighig Thanks this.
  6. platinum

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Take it from me stay away, my pin was not broke they broke it for me and charged me thirty bucks.

7. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Should have bought a "BIC"...I seen commercials where they would shoot one threw a board with a gun, and the thing would still write!:biggrin_25514:

8. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Ga
    STAY AWAY FROM WOLFMANS OVER PRICED , AND HACKS.

Sent from my iPhone 4

rabbiporkchop, Bighig and EZ Money Thank this.
  9. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

I stopped in there for the heck of it last week just to see what radios he had.
    About 200 used radios that he wants new prices for!
    He had a beat up looking Galaxy 44v he was asking 260 bucks for!

They checked my SWR for free....big deal!

Then they told me my antenna,mount and coax was bad and they needed to bench test the radio.

Kind of funny, My radio was working fine,my coax and mount is new as well as my Wilson 2000 antenna.
    I have my own SWR meter and know i was at 1 to 1:3....:biggrin_2556:

First time stopping in there and my last......

Oh,and to all of us who use the Wilson antenna with the center load,he said the plastic around the coils kills the signal....WHAT BS!
    He was trying to sell one of those home made antennas with the huge coils for over 100 bucks.

10. platinum

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Yep that's what he tried with me. Wants to sell me everything that was less then 2 months old

11. Bighig

Bighig Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Easley,S.C.
    I stopped my self I was concerned that my cb was not putting out.After they checked the cb and the antena . It was the new k40 mic not working . They gave me a mic to get me home . I will stop and buy A new mic from them asap . :headbang: I was real pleased....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.