Turn Down for WHAT??

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by jldilley, Apr 29, 2016.

1. jldilley

jldilley Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, In
    Greetings to all my fellow truck drivers from the Great White North! This coming Tuesday I will be entering Ontario on my way Grenville, Quebec. I will be entering at the Cornwall Port of Entry and leaving the same way. I was wondering if anyone could comment on the level of enforcement in this area. My tractor is not governed and I am concerned that I may get a citation. Is there a high probability of getting written up? As always, thank you for any insight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Kinda obvious if you're the only truck hanging out in the hammer lane passing everybody. But I never been check for speed limited

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  4. Trkr3529

Trkr3529 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2016
    I live in Ontario and only run ontario, I have never had my truck checked for the speed limiter, as long as you don't go over the 105 kmph you shouldn't have any trouble

5. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Quebec and Ontario both have limiter laws, just do 105 and pray you don't get pulled in for a level 3

6. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

I had my governor checked 2 weeks ago. Pulled into scale. they connected a data reader to the port (that I can't think of the name for at the moment.) and sent me on my way. Wasn't even pulled into the inspection area.

That being said I've also had 2 level 1s and a level 3 and they didn't check it those times.

7. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    OBD Port with GeoTab ???

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    They prey more on out of province plated trucks for the speed limiter cash grab rule ...

9. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

What ever the round port is under the dash. I assume its some of OBD port but looks nothing like my car one.

I have an ontario registered truck (Though its a US specced truck. Stupid MPH.) and they were yanking everyone in and checking them.

10. Prairie Boy

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    We have 60 GEOTAB OBD's in trucks. We have a harness with 6 pin or i9 pin at one end and OBD port at the other. This gives us info direct from the ECM.

Hell, I can tell you that you are driving with the Air Conditioner on and the drivers window wide open at 100 KPH.

Macneil Thanks this.
  11. Prairie Boy

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.