turn signal and flashers

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by earthmover, Apr 29, 2010.

1. earthmover

earthmover Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    castalia , north carolina
    guys a few days ago i set (dump truck) about 2hrs with the flashers on then i notice that they was not working,check to see if they had just turn off or something and they was still in the on position..i fig. they just got hot so i let them cool and tried them again and nothing...now whaen i turn the signal light on left or right the flashers come on and no trun signal,if i trun the falsher on it works just fine...i replace the relay but have not found the flasher itself came someone tell me where it should be..1997 freightliner and would the flasher going bad cause something like this???i need to get this fixed working at night on the interstate came be very bad....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sandman1976

sandman1976 Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2009
    burgaw,nc
    yeah when the flasher goes out it will not allow your signals to flash. it should be located on the left side of your dash and it will either have 2 prongs or 3.

4. earthmover

Jan 27, 2009
    thanks for the info

5. earthmover

Jan 27, 2009
    hay i just went out and looked under the dash and i traced the wires from the switch as far as i could and didnt find anything..i thought i could hear it while blinking but only thing i hear are the relay thats powering it and i feel it ...i took the bottom of the dash out and the gauge panel on the left side....its a fld 1997 if that makes any diff. thanks

6. BigSam

BigSam Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Service bulletins for Freightliner Turn Signal Repair

Attached Files:

Oxbow and Gio68 Thank this.
  7. Zakirullah

Zakirullah Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I have 2004 freight liner the line Chinger sighnal is not working I didn’t find poise box do anyone know where’s location

8. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Blinker fluid is more than likely low, when was the last time you checked it?

9. Zakirullah

Nov 6, 2017
    What is blinker fluid I never here about it be honest

10. Zakirullah

Nov 6, 2017
    I left my truck emergency signal on for 20 minuets when I come back the signal was off and not working

11. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Check under the hood, normally close to your window washer fluid bottle. If the blinker fluid gets low you will lose your four ways and turn signals. The colder weather seems to give the fluid pump issues on some trucks. If only one or two signals are not working, check for cracks in the fluid blinker lines, you will have to pull the lights to get to them. Hope this helps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.