Two Stop Signs and RR Crossing

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Balakov100, Aug 13, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Piss on that second stop sign LOL.

The fine for the second stop sign is about half to one third what the fine would be hanging your trailer over the railroad track.

###### if you do and ###### if you don't Run that second stop sign. Just don't be stupid and hang over that track.

I might have the wheels stop moving for a heartbeat but Im already adding power to keep moving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Here is a note to self..... This is what we have to use when around the tracks. Will give you an idea of time required to clear the tracks. Unfortunately you normally won't see a posted speed for the train by the crossing. But myself???? Stop at the 1st sign, with no train in sight proceed to 2nd sign and do a rolling stop making sure all is clear. OR.... You can jump out and shunt the tracks for 5 seconds then take all the time you want lol. Unless it's what we call dead territory, then shunting will not work. Be safe out there.

Attached Files:

4. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I've always been told that if you get hung up on a RR crossing, get a chain or anything else you can find that is conductive to tie both tracks together. That will send a signal to the RR that something is blocking the track.

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    That's called shunting the track, as I mentioned in my post. If it is a live track it will throw a red light in the face of the nearest engines, and they will go into emergency stop, and somebody better be prepared to do some explaining lol. Now if it's dead territory it a horse of another color. Dead territory has no signals, like black water area down in Milton, FL.

Keep in mind I work along side with CSX, so other RR's may be a little different.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.