TX hot shotters question or any others for that matter

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Dude_57, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Dude_57

Dude_57 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Anyway first off just wanted to say thanks to all the helpful people on here!! Can't believe how much knowledge and how many people are willing to help. It's very much appreciated. I been lurking around here for a little while and Google. Thankfully most of the searches I have done answered a ton of my questions and once I start and I'm actually into hot shot if I do I'll get more specific. My question that I haven't really found lately is how is hot shotting in tx? And any other places If you'd like to chime in. I know that hot shot usually goes up and down with oilfield and as we know the oilfield is terrible! Yet I see some people still starting their own business hot shotting and taking the plunge. I also see people buying new trucks and trailers daily as well. The part I don't know is if they are running under their own authority and getting loads themselves or if they are leasing and just have a good company that not only does oilfield but general freight as well. Sadly I'll be losing my job in the oilfield more then likely and will be sending myself through cdl school in Dallas tx. Was planning on driving a big rig for a bit to gain some knowledge and experience. But they don't hardly pay anything but I know I need the experience. After that I was hoping to try and do hot shot or haul general LTL with a truck and trailer. I'm just not understanding how everyone is staying afloat and what companies are prospering. I know their are a lot failing and going under sadly. If anyone can help shed some light on how these guys are still able to buy new trucks and trailers and stay in the hot shot business so far please let me know! I haven't been able to find any answers pertaining to this yet. If there is a link you know of feel free to post it and I'll head that way and give it a read. Also any advice is greatly appreciated from all aspects. Thankfully being in the oilfield has helped me have some piggy bank money so before I start I'll have the trailer paid for and a cheaper truck payment with a down payment.
    Thanks so much and I hope this made sense as I have to use a dang iPhone to type it all lol. Any other questions hall have or need me to answer feel free! Look forward to hearing from you all and learning how to stay afloat!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dude_57

Dude_57 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Also I'm still doing research as we speak. But so far I was thinking about getting a big rig to do hot shot with along with over the road when the time arises for it and if it's needed. Still finding out pros and cons but any advice and input would be great! Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.