Tyson's Private Fleet

Discussion in 'Tyson' started by devildice, Apr 14, 2007.

1. devildice

devildice Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Texas
    I just recently discovered Tyson's Private Fleet from a poster on another board. I had always thought that Tyson required "X" amount of experience and it turns out they hire noobs under certain circumstances.

Anyways, went to their web site and all though it does not say very much, the pay and benefits look pretty decent. So before I call a recruiter, I was wondering if there was anyone on here that has any info on them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    Talked to a good number of their drivers, but is has been 4-5 years ago. They all seemed pretty happy. Back then, the good loads were given to their drivers, and all the crap was given to the outside companies.

I was considering driving for them at one point, but decided I couldn't stomach the smell of chicken plants every week. Gets pretty nasty at some of them.

gesterly1 Thanks this.
  4. MISTER_WIGGLES

MISTER_WIGGLES Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2007
    EYE TO EYE ...
    Tyson is a world of it's own....very time sensitive....haul there own freight from plant to plant...plenty of OSD to feed the neighborhood.....Scales on site at all facilities...large dining areas at the plants...Monroe,NC plant lets county release imates run the asylum!...IBP has taken over with the henchmen...idle time anal....logbook rashes occur frequently....good miles...good bennies....fossil fleet has many older drivers who will rat ya out because it feels good....good equipment...stay out of Springdale....Pottsville good...Georgia,Alabama.Mississippi plants have racial strife lingering in the air.Old fart Dale is a power hungry hate monger in the safety department....he has caused the fall of many good drivers...

I made 42G the first year and $47G the second year.....I also gained 30 lbs ....I couldnt stop eating :biggrin_25523:

gesterly1 Thanks this.
  5. JohnTheTrucker

JohnTheTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Decatur, AL
    Their website says drivers have to unload trailers. What's the deal? Do they not hire lumpers?

6. hendersoncnc

hendersoncnc Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    baltimore,maryland
    i couldn't even find anything on thier website about drivers.

7. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    Wiggles aint kiddin when he says STAY OUT OF SPRINGDALE.

Seems like there's a Tyson truck in an accident down there all the flippin time. Even one of them supposedly knifed the far mirror off of one of our guys' trucks, was swervin so bad.

And before you say "No, it was the JB Driver" Come down here to northwest arkansas and watch the tyson drivers' habits. You'll be whistlin a different tune on your way home.

8. DragginMan

DragginMan Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    north AL
    www.tyson.com/Corporate/B2B/Logistics/PrivateFleet/default.asp There's the link, guy. I've also been looking at Tyson, they got LOTS of action around my area. (N Alabama) Seems like any day I'm driving in AL or MS I see more chicken trucks than any other.

9. hendersoncnc

hendersoncnc Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    baltimore,maryland
  10. larryaz

larryaz Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Jefferson, Texas

Says on the web site, "Must be willing to unload/load if needed; require lifting capacity of 100 pounds". Doesn't say anything about a requirement.

11. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I have a friend that used to drive for them. He liked them.....said he was treated fair, the pay was "o.k.", the benefits were great, the equipment in good shape.

The only reason he left is the "unpredictability" of when the loads would pick-up and deliver. Apparentley they had no concept of time vs. log-book vs. sleep.

He said he'd run nearly a full days log, then get to the next plant, and be expected to grab a load that would have him driving all night.

Not only was he tired of violating hours of service, but just plain tired all together. When he expressed his concern, they sympathized and tried to get things changed for him.....but he said it slowly slid right back into the illegal running; and every time he tried to tell them he couldn't pull that next load due to hours of service, he got an argument from dispatch on the phone nearly every time.

He was disappointed that he had to call it quits.....but a body can only do so much before it's ready for a break-----and he was tired of trying to explain this to them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.