Tyson's Private Fleet

Discussion in 'Tyson' started by devildice, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Tennessee Traveler

Tennessee Traveler Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Winchester,Tennessee
    I am sorry your neighbor had such a bad experience,he was probally one of the whiney crybabies i am always having to cover loads for, and this hardly makes you an expert on the company as a whole. Yes we have to wait,but if you have been pulling as reefer for more than 10 minutes that is just part of the business. I have never been forced to wait 3 days for a load,our drivers don't do it. we know when the ddt time is,that is just poor planning by outside carriers and brokers lying to drivers. I have never missed a hometime, and am home for 4 days when I am out for 3 weeks. You need to check your facts with someone who knows before you post your crap online. I enjoy my company,i enjoy the people associated with it and have never met an unhappy tyson driver:biggrin_25525:

mje and simpleinterest Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. doboy

doboy Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2006
    I drive for tyson and live in north alabama and enjoy it very much. I have good hometime, good pay/benefits, and have decent equipment. I do my job so the dispatchers don't bother me.

4. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Hi doboy i hope you can answer a few of my questions, does Tyson hire out of Louisiana and accept recent grads. Also is there a rider program, do they run just about anywhere and can you take the truck home. Thank you and be safe.:biggrin_25519:

5. Mortis

Mortis Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    East Central illinois
    Don't be an outside carrier because most Tyson plants WILL have you sit a most of 4 days.

6. roadrage_2010

roadrage_2010 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Lubbock, Tx.
    I worked as o/o leased to GreatWide, and absolutely loved pulling Tyson!
    If you are a good planner, then your wait time is very minimal!

7. mike91118

mike91118 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2010
    clarksville,tennessee
    does big g express have apus how are there equipment

8. TexasEskimo

TexasEskimo Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Threads kinda dead.Lets state some facts..Never seen or heard about someone sitting four days waiting on a load that was the fault of Tyson.If this did happen,its your Carrier that sent you in there four days early.(I know..Tyson stopped what they were doing,called your dispatcher,and said the load would be ready when you got there)...Tyson ships the same stuff,to the same places,and the same times..every week.Your dispatch/load planner has the same info as our Tyson dispatchers do...

You will have to wait ..at times at production plants for fresh loads..Think about it this way...When you want to cookout on a Saturday...Do you go buy your meat that was cut on Wedensday?Grocery and food supply places think the same..they want the fresh cut stuff too...

9. Redrider

Redrider Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2008
    boonville,nc
    been with Tyson 4 weeks out of Wilkesboro NC ,love it,plant to plant,walmart once,80 % drop and hook,3400 miles this week
    P.S. in a 2011 Casscadia nice

10. The Stump Guy

The Stump Guy Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Missouri
    Does Tyson hold firm to 1 day off for every 14 out?

11. gfpm71

gfpm71 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Lenexa, KS
    I work for Tyson. You get 70% of what the lumper would charge Tyson for a unload if you do it yourself. I unloaded one pallet. no breakdown needed (12 cases) and got paid $59.00 for less than 5 min of work. No company out there does that. most of our deliveres are under 4 hrs unload. Those of you who work with Tyson SRT, Trans Am, Stevenson Trans, Martin Trans etc... know that the loads you get can be a massive amount of down time. Tyson drivers don't sit like that. The rules have changed although. We are on elogs and we are watched carefully. if you are looking for 2500 to 2800 miles avg. welcome. if you are looking for 3200 + every week don't hold your breath. elogs demand a full break. no "shortcuts". our holiday pay is awesome at $115 a day plus layover for those rare times the load is messed up. i a year i have only gotten layover 3 out of 5 requests. yes like all companies it says 24 hr and less than 200 miles gets layover ($85.00) but 22 hrs is just 22 hrs...so they stick to the rules but also pay when they say they will. try to find an outfit that really pays layovers without the oh that company does not pay it con. you can do far worse than joining Tyson and if you want i will give half of my 1000 recruitment pay to those who use my name. write me back and give me a few days to read it. wifi is hard to come by...

The Stump Guy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.