Uh-oh,I was hoping it wasnt the truck this time.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Trckdrvr, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    Blackhawk driver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    Thats it,we're doomed

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Too many drivers driving in their truck like they're lounging around in their recliner at home, mostly not paying attention to the driving task at hand and not paying attention to the situation ahead ... generally zoned out, or fiddling with their smartphone. It's almost predictable, anymore.

You think with the seeming increase in frequency of these incidents that many drivers would pull their head out of their butt and rethink their driving manner and professionalism, but it seems they (many) are happy to act like unskilled labor and be paid like unskilled and labor, and go through their daily work life with little regard for the safety of others. And then they wonder why they are no longer regarded as "professionals" by the general public.

Sad on so many levels.

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
  6. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    Dang! You so right! This crap is happening to much!

7. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Pioneer truck plowed into five vehicles south of Indy the other day...no one dead...driver said traffic stopped suddenly in front of him.

Sure it did.

8. tsavory

tsavory Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    It does when your looking at the phone. When you look up all of a sudden they are stopped.

Air Breeze and 77smartin Thank this.
  9. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Eased past an idiot reading a big novel on his steering wheel coming south on the 5 above Sacramento on Thursday. It blew my mind. He was barely looking up from the book to check the road.

I hit the next exit ramp and re-entered behind him , and as I approached again got a description and name on the door and mile marker traveling. He was still deeply involved in his Bible studies so as much as I hate to rat out another driver... I made the call.

I doubt CHP showed up and did anything about it, but I made an effort. He was heading for 9am Sacramento traffic.

This ignorance has to stop.

10. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Sad situation all the way around.

Not sure how to word this,.. but if a 4 wheeler had caused this,.. it would just be labeled as an accident. Now due to the fact it was a trucker,.. well that changes things. I know we are professionals and held to a higher standard,.. but its not just truckers who are texting and not paying attention. I see it everyday,.. 5 out of 10,.. truckers and 4 wheelers are doing something besides paying attention to the road.

Short of stripping vehicles down and making them a heater on wheels,.. I dont know how to get people to just pay attention.

Hurst

11. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    I see truck driver's all the time with their feet up on the dashboard. I've seen them with a Tablet on the dashboard watching TV. I saw some fool driving thru Knoxville TN, on I-40 driving with his elbows at 65 mph holding a plate of bacon and eggs eating with a fork and knife. I've seen them driving along reading the newspaper. There are plenty of bullet heads driving trucks down the road every day of the week. I see them wrecked or smashed or rolled over somewhere or other almost every day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.