ultimate hirschbach screwover

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by formerhirschbach, Apr 26, 2011.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The op shows he has over 30 yrs exp. So my question would be, why would someone with that much exp fall for these fleece deals? That's basically saying you have egg on your face. I'd expect a rookie to fall for that garbage not a 30 yr veteran. Well as always just when you think it couldn't get any crazier it does. Always go to and outside dealer to buy a truck never lease a truck from a freight company ever! These trucking co's have found a way to operate company and pocket all revenue and dump expenses on someone else!

Rollover the Original Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    Well there is a big difference between having 30 years experience, and having 1 years experience 30 times!

The biggest fault with folks that get into a fleece deal isn't that they can operate a truck, but they can't operate a calculator! And this poster kinda proves that.

average joe and tango Thank this.
  4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Hirschbach has a few drivers they help obtain real financing. But every story I seen is the driver buys a breakdown nightmare and they end up letting the truck get repo-ed. Even though his story has some holes, I can understand him. But the pet deposit thing does say he's a fleece operator. They kept mine too after I had the truck cleaned and shampooed. It was spotless and zero damage.
    The physical thing is nothing but his fault and yes Hardlyevr, most meat loads are $3-$3.30/mile. I see that with my own eyes. They also don't pay toll roads. He could of done like I did and dodge them like everyone else.

My latest deal is most know I'm home on medical leave and been expecting termination. I had heart surgery and got out of the hospital 3/31. Coincidently I was terminated 3/31 and my insurance cancelled after I paid my $5000 deductible. To this date I'm denied Cobra while I'm in the mist of critical health care. I had to cancel my coronary rehab and other doctor appts while trying to pay $400 in medicine all because of their crooked ways.

Hirschbach is dirty and I will stand behind any former driver. Changing jobs isn't fun. I wanted to quit after one year. In hopes of things improving, I lasted three years. Most drivers I see there don't last 6 months. That speaks for itself.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  5. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY

No comment on the OP, But you need to get ahold of COBRA and talk to some one NOW. The way I understand it they CANNOT turn you down UNLESS you had a break in coverage! If you were employeed till 3/31 when did your health ins. expire.?? 4/31?? I think you have 30 days to pay the first COBRA payment and your old company was supposed to give you a letter concering this and re; your acceptablty. DON"T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS!

Rollover the Original Thanks this.
  6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    That sucks dude. Hopefully things get worked out for you. Wish you the best in your health and yourf career.

7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Thanks, I'm not. Something fishy is going on because when I called the insurance company, I identified myself with customer service, I was put on hold and someone specifically trained handled the call in a defensive manner. So I figure something is going between the two. Jan 1 they raised my deductible from $1500 to $5000. Then when I met it I get cancelled.
    Hirschbach didn't even have the cahonas to tell me anything. I found out when I went to the pharmacy two weeks later and was denied. The rehab nurse told me what to do the other day. She was mad they cut me off in the middle of a heart problem. They have a surprise coming. What I spent, I could of easily paid Cobra.
    Meanwhile I started the process of obtaining my VA benefits. That might take 4 weeks though.

8. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Condo, you have the Fed behind you on this with Cobra. Sounds like a nice law suit against Hirschbach which will hurt them more than the silly insurance premiums! Good luck with that and go for it but good luck with the VA!

9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Update on the Cobra thing. I did contact the Dept of Labor. I was unfamiliar on how insurance is set up but now I know. An employer goes through a service provider which deals with the insurance company. According to the law, the employer has 14 days to notify the service provider of a termination. The service provider has 30 days to notify the insurance company. The employee has 60 days to elect the Cobra. You also have to pay 102% of the full policy price.

Even though I paid $26 a week for a $1500 deductible and was down graded to a $5000 deductible Jan 1 which should of cost alot less, I was required to pay $420 a month to keep Cobra. So unemployed, that's about $10,000 a year out of my pocket with a 20% copay also. What normal person can afford that when you just lost your job?

The kicker of it all was the DOL lady said that service provider has a good service record. She said they have 44 days. I said mam, it's been 67 days and I haven't heard from them yet. I explained my medical dilemma and how I was denied Cardiac Rehab because of this. I said they should be punished since they didn't follow the law. She said they don't punish them. She took their defense like she is personal buddies with the service provider contact. I finally get the Cobra notice June 6 and the letter is back dated April 14. What a crock. That gave me 2 days to get them $840 or forfreit my rights. I'm just sick of the whole situation and how screwed up our medical system is.

I applied for VA benefits and hopefully I can go to a VA doctor soon.

For Hirschbach, ADP, BCBS and the DOL, they can kiss my lilly white ***, lol :)

10. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    That sucks man, hope things work out at the VA. I never did understand COBRA you think it would be cheaper since you don't have a job.

11. Craymarris

Craymarris Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2013

Well Said.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.