Unhappy Trailers Female Truckers Say They Faced Rape

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by TruckDuo, Aug 22, 2015.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    cab cams you would think so but then again im not real familier with them.Not all trks have them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rayraythetrucker

rayraythetrucker Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2015
    got dirt ?
    i didnt read all the posts. however how is it CRSTs fault? they gonna sue every company where they have problems? i am terribly sorry to hear about this for all the women involved i truly am, but i fail to see how CRST is responsible (i may have missed something, as i said, didnt read it all)

truckon Thanks this.
  4. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Interesting read. It's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy though. As a trainer I personally would never hit on one of the women out there, but the thing is that sexual harassment allegations are so common with women that really cant drive that I would NEVER train one. Too many headaches. So, those of use that would probably do good by them are afraid to have them on the trucks period and that leaves their training to those more interested in having them along for "other reasons."

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  5. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    CRST is responsible because the trainer was acting as their agent.

TheJrodTest, Dreamboat and joseph1135 Thank this.
  6. rayraythetrucker

Jun 9, 2015
    got dirt ?
    oh phooey they cant control how they act...bs

7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    It's their responsibility to ensure a safe working environment for their employees. They failed

8. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    If you don't like the answer don't ask the question. if a cop beats you who do you sue, the city right? same thing

TheJrodTest, Dreamboat and joseph1135 Thank this.
  9. rayraythetrucker

Jun 9, 2015
    got dirt ?
    i agree but bottom line is they cant control how they act . and i am not here to argue so you can keep you confrontational comments to yourself

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Hi Ray,this trainee called her recruiter and the recruiter told trainer to take her to a bus station saying she had enough training when in reality the recruiter didn't wanna hear it like most the staff at trucking companies.They just shrug everything off.Three women sued CRST for the same thing,you can't tell me CRST is a saint in all this.They are in my opinion 100%responsible because they let it happen again and again.

Dreamboat Thanks this.
  11. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    If a driver is texting and kills someone the company still gets sued...he is their driver and they assume all liability for putting him there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.