Unimark Truck Transport - Kenosha, Wi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by silverlilyprods, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ambivalence

ambivalence Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    In light of the active thread in the 'favorite companies' thread. Bump.:biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Their last reported DriverSEA was 97.09! And that was an improvement over their previous score. I've got a feeling they are in a heap of trouble before too long. The drivers who contributed to this score will be in hot water much sooner probably.

4. ambivalence

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC

Not sure how to follow this. After scanning over the following; I'm still not sure what the numbers mean. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.:biggrin_255:

http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/safestat/DriverSEADef.htm

5. Snoopman

Snoopman Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Phx' az
    Questions for unimark recruiter
    My email is mcbeck@peoplepc.com plz
    0 Do you provide money for me to buy my fuel upfront and other stuff like motels repairs.
    1. Do I have to pay up front for all cost example air, fuel taxi motels, if I do when I am reimbursed? Do you have company? Up front money.
    2. If have to buy tools, Am I reimbursed. How much is orientation am I reimbursed. How long is probation?
    3. How soon do I have to get my paperwork in to get reimbursed? WHEN DO I GET REMBURSED . Do I use FedEx? Or?
    4 .What is a hot load. Is that a forced haul, can I refuse. If it’s not a profit for me.
    5 .When is my home time?
    6 If I break down do I have to pay for repairs? And am I reimbursed and how much do I get paid while in shop. Do I get paid while I am fixing truck?
    7 Do I get paid for decking, and how much do I earn.
    8 What about chase cars.
    9 Is there plenty of work in this economy?
    10 How much can I expect to earn first 3 months/ First year?

6. Snoopman

Snoopman Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Phx' az
    [
    Questions for unimark recruiter
    0 Do you provide money for me to buy my fuel upfront and other stuff like motels repairs.
    1. Do I have to pay up front for all cost example air, fuel taxi motels, if I do when I am reimbursed? Do you have company? Up front money.
    2. If have to buy tools, Am I reimbursed. How much is orientation am I reimbursed. How long is probation?
    3. How soon do I have to get my paperwork in to get reimbursed? WHEN DO I GET REMBURSED . Do I use FedEx? Or?
    4 .What is a hot load. Is that a forced haul, can I refuse. If it’s not a profit for me.
    5 .When is my home time?
    6 If I break down do I have to pay for repairs? And am I reimbursed and how much do I get paid while in shop. Do I get paid while I am fixing truck?
    7 Do I get paid for decking, and how much do I earn.
    8 What about chase cars.
    9 Is there plenty of work in this economy?
    10 How much can I expect to earn first 3 months/ First year?

7. ambivalence

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    Contact the recruiter with these questions and post the answers. I will tell you what I've been told, which isn't alot as everyone I spoken with was only there briefly before they abruptly quit. The most common comment was 'all lies'....:biggrin_25523:

Their website.

http://www.unimarktransport.com/

8. sbochneak

sbochneak Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Huntingdon Valley, PA
    I wonder if you Unimark Truck Transport veterans can help me out? I'd like to buy a couple of their lowboys from them or the manufacturer. I can't seem to find out who would be the contact at Unimark Transport. Maybe you know or know a manufacturer (besides Delavan). I'd sure appreciate the help.

9. ambivalence

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC

Corporate Headquarters for the whole sorry shooting match.:biggrin_25526:

http://www.jhth.com/

10. JP135

JP135 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Emory, Tx
    In December of 2009 I ran two loads for Unimark. What they pay didn't even cover my transportation back home in the cheapest rental car I could find.

When I showed up to pick up my first load at the Garland, Texas shop. I ran across Unimark's self-proclaimed senior driver (he'd been there six months and was already their senior driver if that tells you anything), who was in the middle of cursing out a new driver and challenging the new driver to a fist fight - yelling a screaming in front of a few dozen people.

I knew I'd made a mistake right then, but took my loads because I'd given my word. My dispatcher bumped up the pay so I could at least pay for my rental car on the second load without losing money.

Legitimate trucking companies are screaming for help right now, don't waste your time messing with Unimark. Its a three-ring circus without the dancing bear.

ambivalence Thanks this.
  11. ambivalence

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    Big changes are in store for JHT controlled new truck driveaway companies as Unimark is getting an ever increasing share of the work, whether capable of handling it or not.

Unimark now moves the Savannah and Charleston port trucks from Cleveland, NC. Not sure how it's working out either. No big secret that Troha and Co. are trying to create one big 'Unimark' with the help of the IAMAW, meaning the union will put itself out of a job.

Word is all laid off ATT drivers were called back this week for a two week deployment and will be laid off again according to company seniority instead of terminal seniority - this will impact Laredo terminal greatly (soon to be closed anyway) while benefiting the former Garland - Macungie - Springfield - Dublin drivers to a large degree.

The big surprise of late is Portland is the busiest terminal with the large military tractors finally being moved by single piggyback as the lowboy method proved unworkable. Trucks are just trickling out of Mt. Holly, Cleveland and Laredo. Also, foreign terminal detention pay now starts on the 4th day instead of the 2nd day as before.

ROLO van service was transferred over to the Truck Movers division last week with a new upstart in the Charlotte area handling the Cleveland traffic with one minivan at present! Company is reimbursing for cab rides from Charlotte airport to Cleveland at present also. ATT has signed a contract with a van service in the San Antonio area for the moment.

Exciting times ahead as Troha's 'divide and conquer' strategy seems to be moving forward at the moment despite probable disruptions in delivery schedules. Hoping we can interest the IBT into representing ALL truck haulers once again at some point soon as the IAM has really allowed itself to be used by Troha and Co. in the worst sort of way.:biggrin_25523:

cjansen37 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.