Update on Swift Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by BigRich711, Oct 6, 2015.

1. BigRich711

BigRich711 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Okay, guy. I'm running low on options here. I live in Charlotte, NC, so I was going to go with Schneider. I've done a lot of research and talked to a lot of people doing the Schneider Choice program, and they're all doing really well. Unfortunately, Schneider turned me down because of an accident that never happened (I've purchased my PSP, MVR, and gotten my DAC report - nothing is on my record). They're telling me I'm ineligible to work for them until 2021... It's non-sense. I've gotten sidetracked.

I'm wondering if any current Swift operators can give me any information on the lease purchase. All the forums I've seen on here have all been before 2011. So, what's the deal? Is it any good?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Swift isn't a "lease/purchase"....you still have to get your own financing to complete the buy out. Check out John Christner if you want an actual lease/purchase. Last payment is $1.00 and you get the pink slip!

Be careful....just because they call it a purchase deal, doesn't make it so. Be extra careful if they won't let you see the contract before the day you sign!

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    What's wrong with being a company driver? You should have plenty of options.

I don't see if nothing is on your PSP/DAC you must be leaving some of the story out as to why Schneider wont touch you...

greyweulf, HorseShoe and otherhalftw Thank this.
  5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    I
    was thinking that....but being the shy type....I couldn't bring myself to say it!

6. BigRich711

BigRich711 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    According to the recruiter, they had to turn me down due to an accident in Texas in 2014. I'm 27 years old, and my first accident happened 4 months ago. I was in pick up truck, a guy wasn't paying attention and hit me. I wasn't ticketed or at fault. Other than that, I have no accidents on any of my records. Like I said, after Schneider told me that, I paid to have access to all of my records.

7. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Check out John Christner if you wanna feel like the biggest idiot in the world pulling a Reefer for $0.90 a mile!

8. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Ya but after nothing is showing on the forms that you received from DAC and PSP why don't you tell Schneider you want to see the forms they are looking at that states you have an accident in 2014

Sneakerfix and BigRich711 Thank this.
  9. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    I was just thinking about typing that

greyweulf and freightwipper Thank this.
  10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    :headbang:

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  11. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    I didn't say it was a good deal....just said it was a purchase deal. Run your last mile, get pink slip for a dime!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.