US Xpress $5K - $8K Sign On Bonus

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by MzBigTruckz, May 9, 2016.

1. MzBigTruckz

MzBigTruckz Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2016
    If I'm just getting out of truck driving school. .. sign up for a trucking company. .. get ####'d on at the beginning. .. do I suppose to run away immediately. ..
    I come on here to get advice or see if this is some type of pattern with this company or trucking companies in general. ..
    I don't want to bounce from company to company when I'm just getting fresh out of school..
    If I continue to get ####'d on ... I would possibly leave ... attempting to stick it out ... just hoping for better days and some type of advice since I'm new to trucking

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Junkyarddog5958

Junkyarddog5958 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Stick it out for 6 months to get experience then bounce if no better. Longer would be better though. Quitting right of school couldn't be good for DAC and future hiring I wouldn't think.

MzBigTruckz Thanks this.
  4. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    You had a deal. They failed to abide by the deal. End of story.

If you get treated like a door mat in this business, it's because you allow yourself to be treated like a door mat.

ADVICE: Don't get treated like a door mat.

5. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    Thanks so much for the advice ...

Junkyarddog5958 Thanks this.
  6. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    Got cha ... Thanks for the info ...

7. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I quit straight out of school and not a single company has even questioned it.
    In fact I stayed such a short time the pretty much don't even acknowledge it haha
    I did pay for my school out of pocket though if that makes a difference

8. Craymarris

Craymarris Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2013
    It is because recruiters are lying sacks of ****, you can never trust anything a recruiter tells you, it s their job to lie and fill seats

MzBigTruckz Thanks this.
  9. truckerthedon

truckerthedon Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2016
    The did the same thing to me..My recruiter called me after I kept asking about my $500 portion after my first load and was very rude and standoffish, I definitely would have punched him in the face had he been standing in front of me. US Xpress literally starved me out for two months before I got on with a good company.

MzBigTruckz and rachi Thank this.
  10. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    You might call OOIDA or search for another driver advocate group. US Express needs to be sued for their false hiring ads. I think they might be the worst out there. Someone with the resources needs to take up the cause.

MzBigTruckz Thanks this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I worked at US Express for one (1) day. They said they couldn't clear one of my employers, went over it all through orientation, so I said ok see ya, and magically it was cleared. Got my truck, nice Volvo. First load dispatched was Los Angeles going to Chicago. Cool.
    Four hours getting loaded.
    Three miles into my run qual comm goes off " Take that load to the rail yard in Long Beach."
    Just wow.
    Take load to rail yard, fool around there for two hours.
    Made like $17 for driving around Southern California all day.
    Took the truck back to the terminal, cleaned it out, left message on QC heres your truck at your terminal please go F yourself.
    Got a rent a car that my next company paid for, and drove to orientation ( SRT ).
    I was in my truck at SRT moving my first load, when I get a text message for USE, " We have another load for you going to Chicago."

MzBigTruckz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.