US Xpress Long Term Lease. Yes/No

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Yankee Cowboy61, May 25, 2010.

1. Yankee Cowboy61

Yankee Cowboy61 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2010
    Lily, Ky
    Looking to become lease operator (don't have money for dwn pymnt). So far US Xpress sounds better then most, but I am finding conflicting views on them. I am not a newbie (3yrs exp), and not a veteran, but I know that you can get alot of disgruntled former employees on here spewing alot of BS. All I want is some good hard factual info so that I can use it to help determine my path. ANy help would be appreciated.

If anyone has info on any other companies that provide lease purchase I would appreciate it also.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dbook

dbook Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    you will be competing with company drivers at USX and most companies, never a good thing. have OODIA review lease before signing, always a good thing. look for company w/o company drivers, always a good thing. good luck.

4. linadin

linadin Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Fayetteville, NC
    I have been doing the lease for a while miles have been around 3200 a week. you have to run it like a business. I sit very little other than breaks. Nice thing about the lease is it is a walk away lease.

5. Yankee Cowboy61

Yankee Cowboy61 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2010
    Lily, Ky
    Well thnx to both of you for the input, really thought I would hear more since all the NEGATIVE I've seen here. CHecking out Magnum Express right now with lease through Freightliner.

6. pete3871000

pete3871000 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    i have leased 2 trucks from usx first one frt liner was a piece of crap get one of the new petes for 1 yr lease dont go for the 3yr u own it there frt liners with high miles and u would pay about 60k for a 15k truck.i like the other driver run 3to3500 a wk and take home 12to1400 a week before yr end taxes.its only a yr leases thats why i do it.its been a goood co to me

7. gregvd

gregvd Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Yankee Cowboy61
    I was wondering what you finally decided. I have one year experience and also looking into us express 1 year lease. I live in Fl. and the company I started out with here is very cheap. Pay cheap also. I am bringing home only 3 to 4 hundred a week. Now that I paid my dues, it's time for me to move on. Please let me know how your coming

8. Trucker61

Trucker61 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016
    Can you take the truck somewhere else if you don't like it

9. Trucker61

Trucker61 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016

10. Trucker61

Trucker61 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016
    Can you take the truck somewhere else if you don't like it

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  11. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    how long would it take you to save a down payment? Or to buy a truck?

How will you pay for the repairs or other expenses of a truck if you don't have a cash reserve?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.