US Xpress Review OTR Perspective

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Vito, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    At least new ones are coming in. But the problem is, they are so far behind on getting new trailers (they should have started this process 2-3 years ago, not last spring!) that I seriously doubt that the company is viable at this point. They are struggling, badly.

And this is not just a driver's opinion. Last spring I went to pick up a trailer from a repair shop. When I went in to let the manager know I was picking up the trailer, he commented to me first about the lack of trailers. I agreed, and sticking up for USX, I said "Well at least we've got a bunch of new ones coming in." His reply was "Yes, but I'm thinking it's too little too late." He seemed genuinely concerned, and mentioned that his son in law drives for USX. So I think his opinion is valid. That's what got me to thinking about what a serious issue the trailer situation is. Really, it's one of the main reasons I left.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    finbyrd Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. finbyrd

finbyrd Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2015
    I heard they're bringing a crap ton of new trailers in next month. I've pulled quite a number of new trailers in the last two weeks and had no problems up until the other day when I had to go on an empty hunt (and only got one because the next morning after they kept running me around I suggested going back to my last drop off to see if they'd emptied the trailer at that point) then I took that empty and swapped it out for the loaded trailer which is just seriously old as snot. The handle you grab to release the tandems was broken clean off somewhere past the rails and the first mechanic I took it too didn't even have the parts for it because, in his words, "those don't normally break". I have no idea how accurate that is but with the shape of that old trailer I have to wonder...

Vito Thanks this.
  4. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    First company to offer me a ticket,on the grey dog..maybe I should just stay home?
    I really need the job,but looks pretty suspect,from what Ive read.
    Anyone making a decent check?

5. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    not saying its bad.
    But my experience wasn't the greatest.
    You'll have a difficult time trying to find trailers after your drops

6. JesusFreak

JesusFreak Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Huntington, IN
    Where
    where do you live only thing good about usx is if you live close to a dedicated account pm me if you have question I worked there till they let me go bc I wouldn't bend over.

7. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    You're bent over when you're stuck in shippensburg pa terminal with no way to get home as the terminal manager smirks as you ask how to get home

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  8. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Wont have a place to live,if I dont find work soon.
    Staying with relatives in Ohio.
    They claim they only have otr available,might even consider team,if it gets the better runs.

9. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Maybe Ill just get the ticket,and give it to a homeless person.
    Wonder if it would go on my dac report...lol

10. JesusFreak

JesusFreak Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Huntington, IN
    Depending on where u live in ohio there's a dg account good money. Pm me I tell you who to talk to.

11. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Im in the Cleveland area,most companies have their terminals in the columbus area.
    Dg is to the dc's,or the actual stores?
    Dollar stores are some of the smallest docks anywhere..always notice guys all jacked up at dollar stores.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.