US Xpress Trainers

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by MzBigTruckz, Apr 23, 2016.

1. JesusFreak

JesusFreak Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Huntington, IN
    I will say this if you can find a dedicated account jump on it. Because otr you will see northeast most of the time. If you have question pm.

MzBigTruckz and Terence Whitfield Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Terence Whitfield

Terence Whitfield Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2016
    South Georgia
    Remind your trainer that he will not get his $450 if you fail the upgrade test.. That should get him motivated, it did with mine

MzBigTruckz Thanks this.
  4. MzBigTruckz

MzBigTruckz Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Thanks for the info ....

5. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    LMAO. I think it is you who doesn't understand. Nobody fails and upgrade. They might send you out for another 2 weeks but most of the trainers know where to take their bad students to get them upgraded. I watched one upgrade test and the student literally backed into another trailer while I was standing next to the upgrade person. I looked at the dent in the other trailer and the instructor just shrugged it off told him to pull up and try it again. I was like: "did I just watch this guy fail?" and the instructor said "Na, he's on a dollar account and we need guys there so he's good."

The thing about their Trainers is that the good ones they tend to piss off and we end up getting better jobs. It's not as easy as you might think to let a rookie run around nearly getting you killed half the time. If you have bad nerves or are too uptight you don't last as a trainer and that's why you tend to get more people that don't sweat the little things. Sometimes that includes not washing their ##### for 4 or 5 days LOL.

SheShe and MzBigTruckz Thank this.
  6. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    Hopefully this is the case in regards to upgrading. ... My trainers is so stank it is very impossible to concentrate... It smelled possibly like he has layers of #### crust around his ### hole ... OMG...

7. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Well to be honest I wasn't entirely truthful. I do know of one guy that did fail the upgrade. He ran a stop sign into the path of an oncoming ambulance and ran them off the road, so I guess there are some disqualifiers. However, I did take one student in that was 68 years old and going blind and told them flat out that he had issues staying in his lane and couldn't read a sign until it was about 10 yards away and that they needed to send him home before he killed someone. I met him about 2 months later in tunnel hill after they upgraded him. I asked him how it was going and if he had had any issues and he said it was going pretty well except for the person he sideswiped with his trailer tandems. (Just like I told the training department he would)

MzBigTruckz Thanks this.
  8. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    Hopefully. ... all will be ok when it's time to upgrade. ... I have mainly been trained on driving FOWARD. .. it seems there is no time for anything else..

9. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    This thread makes me sad. I loved my trainer. He was so clean and neat. Funny. Respectful. I felt really safe with him.

I learned a lot and still call him if I get in a bind and need help.

It's all in the company you pick I guess. This stinky trainer sounds like a complete nightmare.

MzBigTruckz Thanks this.
  10. MzBigTruckz

Apr 7, 2016
    This is actually my 2nd stank trainer .... The trainers are great people (personally) and I feel safe around them. ONLY thing that's NOT safe is my nose ....
    Training should most definitely be changed because these guys just mainly use you as an extra log book...

Terence Whitfield Thanks this.
  11. Terence Whitfield

Terence Whitfield Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2016
    South Georgia
    If you are sent back out for another 2 weeks, trust me you FAILED!! And it will affect the trainer bonus which they the trainers doesn't want to happen..I also said "fail the upgrade".. Not fail and upgrade..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.