USA is raising Owner Operator Pay

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Payday777, Apr 2, 2014.

1. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    I recently priced one of the small perks you mentioned. Called health insurance. The cost to an individual for him and his family of 3, for the same insurance, through the same company is $1450 a month, dental insurance $45.00, Vision insurance, $19.00. That's not to mention workers comp, unemployment, SS taxes, ADD insurance, life insurance. All of which comes out of the O/O pay if he/she can afford it. OOPs, that's not an option anymore with the new health care laws. You must have it or pay the price to not be insured. We wont get into the cost of maintaining the truck, but I know thats not cheap.
    And since you leased onto a company, you only get to pick from the loads they offer you. Deliver and pick up when they tell you. So I guess that's not much different than being a company driver.
    But what do I know, I'm just a company driver that made over 70k and didn't spend a dime on fuel.

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shawn benton

Shawn benton Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    I have been with USA since February 10th 2015. My health insurance is not much more than I paid as a company driver other places. Loads are offered to you based on info you have Givin to your dm. I'm not forced to take anything. If I turn down a load then send a different load have never been punished in any way. There are no games. After all expenses I still bring home 1,000-1,500 every week. Weeks I'm down for repair or home time maybe 400 after expenses. It's very easy to work with them. They are fair ppl.

bigred81 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.