USA Logistics out of Wayne N.J.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bigrig72, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Bigrig72

Bigrig72 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2013
    This company asked me if I could find good drivers for them. Before I went back to driving I was a Branch Manager for a Mega Micro Managing Owner of Jasmin International out of N.J. He got rid of me after I almost tripled his tiny company in 6 months,,, something he failed to do in more than 5 years. I was fired, supposedly because his wife was divorcing him and she didn't like me, BS! So most of my drivers contacted me and wanted to go wherever I went next. These are VERY good drivers. I told them about USA Logistics and all the FLUFF they were advertising. Then drivers started to complain about how they were being treated and run. Tom is the owner and Louie lies and says he's just a dispatcher but really is part owner of everything. Something tells me he is the owner and Tom is just a front-man. They collected a weekly escrow from all drivers of $100 until each driver accumulated $1,000 escrow account. They said if we gave them 2 weeks notice and waited 45 days after last day, they would return escrow money. I did all the above and till this day, 6-months later, they still haven't paid me my escrow money. Louie's excuses are, that they mistakenly sent another drivers escrow to the wrong driver and if I could retrieve that money they would give me my escrow. The other excuse was that because they gave me referral pay for the drivers that left, I forfeited my escrow money. THAT was never a part of the agreement and not my problem that they dont treat drivers like humans. I'm sorry but it seems that Macedonian people are really bad to work for. They treat people the way they were probably treated back in their land. Do yourself a huge favor and RUN the other way from this company. The other name they also go by is Z-Transportation. Oh, and dont be fooled,,, their Safety rating is HORRIBLE.
    For example: One of my drivers was complaining about an exhaust leak in the cab. Louie didnt want any repairs done away from Jersey. The driver even slept outside under the trailer cause he was afraid he may not wake up. He was already feeling sick from the fumes. When he was in PA.,, instead of getting him to the yard in Jersey to checkout the problem,, they told him he HAD to make a delivery to S.C.. Afraid of loosing his job and not thinking straight he felt he had no choice. When he got to S.C. he said he was blacking out. Out of fear he told them again so they would let him have the truck checked somewhere nearby but instaed they wanted him to drive back to Jersey with a load. This guy Louie has obviously NEVER driven a truck before. He said there was nothing wrong with the truck and the driver was making things up. When that driver drove for ME, he was one of the best I ever saw. No way in hell he was exaggerating. When the truck finally made it back, their mechanic told me he told Louie that truck had no business being in service,,, WAS NOT ROAD WORTHY, but Louie in order to make an extra dime put a drivers health in jeopardy and LIED to cover himself and make the driver look bad. Louie and Tom are wolves in sheep's clothing. DO NOT TRUST.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. logisticsmike

logisticsmike Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2016
    You mentioned they are the same company as Z Transportation. Do you know how they are related? Are they the same company?

Whenever I see USA Logistics DZ post a truck I ALWAYS see Z Transportation post the exact same truck, at the same time. Every time I've asked a dispatcher if the two companies are related they always say they have never heard of the other company. But they have to be related somehow because this has happened every time they post a truck for years.

I've worked with Z Transportation before, and they are terrible. That would mean that USA Logistics DZ is also terrible.

4. slick14

slick14 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2014
    That post is from 3 years ago.

5. logisticsmike

Sep 29, 2016
    Your point being?

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Info may not be pertinent and has changed for better or worse.

7. slick14

slick14 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2014
    ok buddy have a good day

8. logisticsmike

Sep 29, 2016
    I'm aware it's an old post, but it's the only thing on the internet that speaks about these two companies being the same. Both companies are still in operation, so I'm trying to dig a little deeper, maybe someone else has more info on this.

9. TJB

TJB Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Both companies are one and the same... Husband owns one, wife owns the other.

Look guys. I just went home after three weeks with this outfit... and I drove for both USA Logistics DZ and Z Transportation.

Everything is never as said or as it seems.

Yes... new trucks, but be prepared to sit in that truck for hours and even days, waiting for a load.

All loads are live load/unload.

There is no detention pay. I sat as many as 5.5 hrs unloading and regardless how long it takes, no detention pay and you'll receive every excuse why you won't get it.

I was broke down for two days. Towed to dealership. Told I'd be reimbursed for hotel. To date: No Breakdown Pay, No Hotel Reimbursement.

You will not get .50cpm, you'll get .45cpm... and the first 50 miles of every trip is unpaid. That means... if you make six trips a week, you will be robbed of $135.

I was supposed to be home every weekend... was home once for three days out of three weeks. My avg mileage was 1500 miles a week.

Loads are dispatched via text to your cellphone and more often than not, you'll be told to communicate with the broker, not your dispatcher.

There is nobody in dispatch after 5:00pm M-F and noon on Saturday. Dispatch office closed on Sunday. You'll be told to call after hours cellphone if you need assistance, but nobody will answer.

I was stranded in smalltown, Virginia for three days, told I'd get layover pay $75 a day for two days, not three, but I'm sure now that I've quit, I'll not see that either.

During the three weeks that I worked for this company, I saw more people quit than I saw coming aboard.

If you have no life, and enjoy working for minimum wage, this might be a very good fit for you.

paul_4lp, Deadhead69 and Rusty Trawler Thank this.
  10. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Guys!! Is this US Logistics in Belmar, NJ?? Blue cascadia sleeper trucks??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.