USPS contract

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Chris Hill, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Hi does anyone have a contract or worked a usps contract before?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dustinx24

Dustinx24 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I currently haul fed ex to the post offices...do Amazon here and there as well.

4. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    I drive for the USPS but not a contractor. What kind of contract are you talking about there are many kinds.

5. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Yeah I'm talking about the Cdl highway contract wanted to know how the owner ops like working for the postal service and the truck gross amount on the local routes.

6. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Most of the contractors have older, beat up equipment unless of course they are the mega contractors like Hoovestal or Eagle Express lines. Of course there is a bidding process I believe. I will say that the post office does not tolerate equipment breakdowns causing delay of mail, it isn't freight, it's the US mail. They cancel contracts mid cycle if it becomes a problem. Seems that I have seen payments sent out out that are about 2.30 a mile. But its not a very friendly environment. You will not be shutting down if the roads are bad. Just saying...it is a very different world.

truckthatpassesyouby Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.