Usps contract

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Chris Hill, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Does anyone have a usps contract or have worked one?

SimpleTrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WTF!(Where's The Freight)

WTF!(Where's The Freight) Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2015
    I had one for four years from the contacting office in memphis. I can send you my email

Chris Hill Thanks this.
  4. Chris Hill

Oct 5, 2015

5. Chris Hill

Oct 5, 2015
    Yes sir how did you like it and how long did it take to get a response from the prequilification

6. WTF!(Where's The Freight)

WTF!(Where's The Freight) Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2015
    I used to do the cost work sheats as a hobby writing them up in different scenarios based on what i thought another contractor might run one for. One day I was joking with friends and submitted three bids under three different names for the same contract and all were accepted by the usps. My contract was five days a week Tuesday thru Saturday, and I got first offers on my lane during xmas rush for additional equipment. If you have a good contracting officer they will look out for you, if your new to it they will try to help you out just to keep the mail moving. Response time on your initial bid varies, they already have an idea of the numbers they are looking for and if your in the sweet spot you'll get a consideration letter. You need to find out when the existing contract is going to end. Thirty to sixty days prior to that is when its awarded to a new contractor unless its an emergency run.

7. dbtransllc12

dbtransllc12 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Would you mind sharing this contact with me as well? I would greatly appreciate it.

8. MikeCA

MikeCA Bobtail Member

Hi,
    I know this posting is more than a year old but if you could send me your email I would like to ask you a few questions about USPS. I'm in California and I understand that hauling the USPS freight pays better than average.

9. zutozil88

zutozil88 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2019
    I know this forum has been couple of years old.If you can send me or give me any information how to get USPS contract as owner operator, I would appreciate it. Thank you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.